Report bad ads here

advally

Hello, we are the Advally team and we are helping Fly Fishing Forum manage their advertising. We know that occasionally there are problems related to ads.
We'd like to request that you post these problems to this thread and we will do our best to help.

GEK79

Hello, we are the Advally team and we are helping Fly Fishing Forum manage their advertising. We know that occasionally there are problems related to ads.
We'd like to request that you post these problems to this thread and we will do our best to help.
More fishing related ads could be good.. Ads don't bother me really I understand they help fund the running.. But more fishing ads...

tierradelfuego

More fishing related ads could be good.. Ads don't bother me really I understand they help fund the running.. But more fishing ads...
i.e. more subject-matter ads rather than cookie driven. The fact that I looked at a lawnmower website the other weekend probably means I bought one, and I'm sure that's the same with many (although probably not lawnmowers obviously), so there's no point giving me lawnmower ads...

Cap'n Fishy

i.e. more subject-matter ads rather than cookie driven. The fact that I looked at a lawnmower website the other weekend probably means I bought one, and I'm sure that's the same with many (although probably not lawnmowers obviously), so there's no point giving me lawnmower ads...

Aye, what's even more ridiculous are the ones that get punted at you that go something like...

"You bought this..." (and it's a lawnmower)

"So, we thought you might be interested in these..." (and it's more lawnmowers!!!)

Can't have too many lawnmowers, eh? 🤪

banjo298

This is a fishing forum. Anything other than fishing adverts are not relevant or welcome. This destroys the ambience of the site causing many members to leave. Like myself I’m aware many members use ad blockers and will continue to do so unless all but fishing related ads are removed!

advally

This is a fishing forum. Anything other than fishing adverts are not relevant or welcome. This destroys the ambience of the site causing many members to leave. Like myself I’m aware many members use ad blockers and will continue to do so unless all but fishing related ads are removed!
HI there, we are looking into putting more fishing ads. Thanks for your feedback

tierradelfuego

HI there, we are looking into putting more fishing ads. Thanks for your feedback
That would great thanks. Given this is such a genre-specific site, your view to click ratios would be far greater, that's for sure. Obviously if all that matters is view numbers, then that completely nullifies the point, but I would hope the world of ads does a scaled pricing where you get e.g. 1p for views and 10p for clicks... naturally I have no idea if that's true or not.

scobo

Fewer (ie none) of these damn scam ads that take you to a page like this would be good .....

This cr@p ....

IMG_20210614_213155.png

:rolleyes:

suzzy buzzer

Advertising is the scourge of the modern world, I despise it. I would rather pay a subscription to fund running costs, than suffer advertising rubbish.

baca157

You can start by stopping ads which open up in between the posts causing whatever I am reading to move down the page. It’s really annoying.

Cheers,
Sebastian

Last edited:

ohanzee

My annoying pop up video ad on the bottom right hand corner has vanished, before I even moaned about it (y)

ohanzee

Advertising is the scourge of the modern world, I despise it. I would rather pay a subscription to fund running costs, than suffer advertising rubbish.

I'm sure admin could look into a subscription fee for no ad forum access for those that might want that, not something I'd chose personally.

ed_t

Can we get more lawnmower ads? Nothing like a good lawnmower to get me spending.

suzzy buzzer

I'm sure admin could look into a subscription fee for no ad forum access for those that might want that, not something I'd chose personally.

I suggested this to the editor, the last time she begged us all to stop using Adblocking.
She wasn’t mad on the idea of subscription, reading between the lines, funding via SPAM is more lucrative.
I’m feeling my blood pressure increase just discussing it. What particularly boils my pi55 is the lies that go along with it - ( to fund the forum etc ) . What it really amounts to, is that this forum is just a vehicle, a bus if you will to get a reasonable number of people in the same space, so they can be hit by adverts. The forum is just a business in this sense, although if you have a look on Comp house, not a very lucrative one.