Report bad ads here

ohanzee

I suggested this to the editor, the last time she begged us all to stop using Adblocking.
She wasn’t mad on the idea of subscription, reading between the lines, funding via SPAM is more lucrative.
I’m feeling my blood pressure increase just discussing it. What particularly boils my pi55 is the lies that go along with it - ( to fund the forum etc ) . What it really amounts to, is that this forum is just a vehicle, a bus if you will to get a reasonable number of people in the same space, so they can be hit by adverts. The forum is just a business in this sense, although if you have a look on Comp house, not a very lucrative one.

You could take a similar view with all media, every newspaper or magazine, tv, the internet and so on, they are all somewhere between subsidising themselves and being purely a vehicle for carrying adverts that provides a service to pull punters in, other than paying we don't really have any other way to subsidise 'free' services.
Personally I can live with 'free' services having advertising, what gets me is paying for a service and getting the adverts anyway.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
You could take a similar view with all media, every newspaper or magazine, tv, the internet and so on, they are all somewhere between subsidising themselves and being purely a vehicle for carrying adverts that provides a service to pull punters in, other than paying we don't really have any other way to subsidise 'free' services.
Personally I can live with 'free' services having advertising, what gets me is paying for a service and getting the adverts anyway.
Everyone should use adblocker ultimate. No adds, no scammers.
At least use adblocker for a few weeks anyway.
Would soon focus minds on what adds are acceptable, and those that are just a plain pain.

taffy1

As individuals we all have different opinions of what a social media site provides, adverts for some can be totally acceptable if there is a recent form of advertisisng to that perticular site. Who needs incontinence underwear on a subaqua site when getting wet is an occupational hazard?

ohanzee

At least use adblocker for a few weeks anyway.
Would soon focus minds on what adds are acceptable, and those that are just a plain pain.

As mentioned, the forum is not lucrative in terms of advertising, no one is profiting beyond providing you a free platform, adblockers mean advertisers withdraw and the 'free' service is stretched, I have been a member of subscription/donation forums, and this is better on every level, this is the most popular fly fishing forum in the UK, because it's cutting the best balance, I say let them do what they clearly are getting right.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
At least for a few weeks anyway.

As mentioned, the forum is not lucrative in terms of advertising, no one is profiting beyond providing you a free platform, adblockers mean advertisers withdraw and the 'free' service is stretched, I have been a member of subscription/donation forums, and this is better on every level, this is the most popular fly fishing forum in the UK, because it's cutting the best balance, I say let them do what they clearly are getting right.
Except the adds!

ohanzee

I dont run it.
But given is an off shoot of a sales business, might just be a "lost leader"

I'm not following you, FFF is the most popular fly fishing forum by a long long way, the rest are a post a week, in forum terms this is as good as it gets.