Reservoir fishing book suggestion?

JayP

I've read it, good book, with some useful tips, as is 'A passion for Trout' by Mick O'Farrell.

^ apologies, not much of a review, but they are both good books by real anglers who know how to fish.
Thanks for all the replies guys - I've gone with the Adrian Freer option as my mate is going to be fishing the same reservoirs as the author.

I've also bought the Loch Fishers Bible but that's for me.

JY you are on my ignore list but I do unfortunately still see your posts when you're quoted, as usual nothing of substance to add it seems.

Once again thank you all for the recommendations :thumbs:

3lbgrayling

I could not find the book I was looking for.:eek:mg:
But for future reference here are some other books
Resrvoir trout fishing - Tom Saville
Reservoir trout fishing - Bob Church
Competative Fly-fishing -Tony Pawson
Flyfishing skills on Stillwater -Peter Mckenzie Philps

speytime

I could not find the book I was looking for.:eek:mg:
But for future reference here are some other books
Resrvoir trout fishing - Tom Saville
Reservoir trout fishing - Bob Church
Competative Fly-fishing -Tony Pawson
Flyfishing skills on Stillwater -Peter Mckenzie Philps
I've just picked up a copy of Tom Saville reservoir trout fishing im pleased to see you recommended it.
Al

Last edited:

olive_dabbler

I find some of the North American books increasingly useful as our reservoirs get invaded by signal crayfish, shrimps etc...:guinness:

rusty

Ivens' book has been superseded by later books.
Some most excellent books have been referred to but the emphasis is very much on boat fishing.
For someone wanting to fish reservoirs Brian Clarkes' The Pursuit of Stillwater Trout is highly recommended,

Rusty

sewinbasher

The one that influenced my approach to reservoir trout fishing most was probably Arthur Coves, My way with trout, not to everyone's taste but timeless IMHO. Still available, new and second hand.
He wasn't by any means the only influence there were many, many, more.
He was in the Tom Ivens, Dick Shrives, and slightly later, Richard Walker and Bob Church era, all of whom wrote books that still stand up today. For those preferring an imitative approach Brian Clarke's book was a ground breaker!