Rio single hand spey line.....Tried one?

mebu

Looking at a Rio single hand spey line for my spider fishing: I don't nowadays buy overpriced lines but one of the places I fish has many trees behind so need to roll/spey the line. Normally use a WF3 but considering one of the above......anyone tried one?
Any comments welcome,

Peter

mebu

Thanks for the replies: I know of the Gold but didn't know they did shs as well.
I don't normally like buying direct from the "faketory", especially at present, but there is a very large difference. One now on it's way.....doubt it'll arrive before I get into Wales again.

Peter

karlsson

Haven't tried a maxcatch, but I'm willing to bet its a copy of the rio shs....

And as such, like the rio it is a weighed up line just like a 40+ from airflo or a rio Outbound etc. So if you're using a true 3 wt, it will feel quite heavy, if you're already using an overweight line, it might not..

Cheers
Lasse

speytime

Direct from the fake tory 🤣
afaik they are copies of rio lines, they even have the audacity to copy and paste rio's sales pitch on the shs.
If you look at the rio profile it's the same.

Screenshot_20200427-020416.png

I've wondered what the laws are on ebay advertising copyrighted goods?

Al

2306chris

Looking at a Rio single hand spey line for my spider fishing: I don't nowadays buy overpriced lines but one of the places I fish has many trees behind so need to roll/spey the line. Normally use a WF3 but considering one of the above......anyone tried one?
Any comments welcome,

Peter
Peter
The Maxcatch single spey are excellent lines, I have #4 and #5. If you don't want to buy from China the Barrio SLX is also excellent - at £30. I have it in #5 and it's performance is superb.
Chris

camlad

Buy British , buy Barrio ! The short head smallstream is great too for rolls etc in more confined spaces.