RIP Hamish.

dgp

Yes sad news - what a character. I met him just the once when he interviewed me when writing his book Mountain Disasters - I featured in part of it after I was avalanched in the NW Highlands -an epic rescue!

3lbgrayling

This Man was a hero to me.I could not believe the endurance and winter climbs they soloed/1st's on the Scottish mountains. He was also a brilliant thinker/ Ecologist.coming up with many inventions for ice/high altitude climing

easker1

when I met him He had an old suitcase lashed onto a Rucksack frame. and his prototype Ice axe , Hammer,, , the rest of the Craig Dubh will have a do how ever many of them are left, we use to meat them now and again easker1

dgp

This Man was a hero to me.I could not believe the endurance and winter climbs they soloed/1st's on the Scottish mountains. He was also a brilliant thinker/ Ecologist.coming up with many inventions for ice/high altitude climing
I still have an ice axe and hammer that he invented. The hammer he called the Message because what ever you hit with it - it got the message! (apparently a Glaswegian phrase!!)