Risk assessment for fishing

kingf000

OK. I've been accused of so many things I've lost count, some of which, if true, may constitute a criminal offence and certainly would merit investigation from the overseers of this chat room. So report me to the overseers and let them make the judgement. Unlike all of you, I can go through everything I've written and provide published data that supports what I've written. I would also devote the time to show them that, for example, it is not unexpected that two population studies done at different times comes out with different answers, but from which you can still make valid conclusions. We have had the approval of three vaccines based upon similar fuzzy data from clinical studies. I can also point out that by rubbishing what I've written, the warning I gave about the dangers of shopping in a supermarket may have been ignored by some readers, and led to them not to take the necessary precautions when shopping, resulting in them catching covid.

Mr Notherone

I'm getting fed up of correcting the stupidity of others so I've given you the government information. You can take it or leave it.

{deleted unnecessary insults]

The data is two months old and from a six day window. It is from the track and trace app which is totally unreliable. It does not indicate where infections were caught, merely where people had been.

Further more, given that a significant number of people are going nowhere other than to a supermarket, you'd expect it to be at the top of a list of......wait for it..... places people have been!!

Thank you for reminding us of the do's and don'ts of how to go shopping though...very helpful. I wish I was half as clever as you :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Notherone

OK. I've been accused of so many things I've lost count, some of which, if true, may constitute a criminal offence and certainly would merit investigation from the overseers of this chat room. So report me to the overseers and let them make the judgement. Unlike all of you, I can go through everything I've written and provide published data that supports what I've written. I would also devote the time to show them that, for example, it is not unexpected that two population studies done at different times comes out with different answers, but from which you can still make valid conclusions. We have had the approval of three vaccines based upon similar fuzzy data from clinical studies. I can also point out that by rubbishing what I've written, the warning I gave about the dangers of shopping in a supermarket may have been ignored by some readers, and led to them not to take the necessary precautions when shopping, resulting in them catching covid.

On a serious note, I wonder if you've considered a second career in the clergy. Preaching sanctimonious nonsense from on high, to a captivated audience of nodding converts, might be right up your street?

ohanzee

Further more, given that a significant number of people are going nowhere other than to a supermarket, you'd expect it to be at the top of a list of......wait for it..... places people have been!!

I would have thought a scientist with a keen eye for data patterns would have realised that.

rusty

The Angling Trust have done a great job in getting us to be able to 'fish local' . The Angling Trust have said that by that they mean your closest fishing within 5 miles even if it is not your preferred type of fishing.

Anyone who abuses the above with give us all a bad name and are likely to compromise any relaxation of the restrictions,in the future, for all of us.

Rusty

Lamson v10

_20210119_184408.JPG

Old McDonald

No one has “flouted the law.”
There is no ‘shopping in’.
And there is no “must”.
No ‘loopholes’ either.
All subjective.

Haven’t you been here before?
I seem to recognise the writing.

I have been unable to access the forum from last Wednesday evening until about an hour before beginning this post – hence the delay in responding to you. The attempted log ins almost all timed out. Occasionally I reached the Home page, and even the Forum list. If I did connect I always saw adverts!!

From the posts by you which I have read on other threads, I deduce you are an intelligent person. That being so I am sure you fully understand the guidance issued by the government, and the fact that its website distinctly states the guidance is the law.

I agree that so far as we are aware the OP has not yet flouted the law. If he does and is not caught (and this is conjecture as I posted) he may have upset somebody to sufficient extent that they report him to the police for having left his local area. Can you imagine how aggrieved golfers feel when people are allowed to walk on golf courses but they cannot play a round – even alone? Yet anglers can go and fish and with a companion. Again conjecture, but his attitude towards the police could be a contributing factor in the possibility of being given a penalty notice. I note his explanation for “brainless copper”, but he did also post an article regarding lower standards of education in police.

He stated that he intended to travel outside his local area (beyond his village, town, part of city) every two weeks, remaining at his destination for 6 hours. He also stated there is fishing closer to home. Once I gained access to the forum again I read the later posts and see that the Angling Trust are advising everyone that they should fish their closest water and not travel further to a preferred water, which is what I suggested to the OP. I did not see any advice on the length of time the Trust considered reasonable for a “once a day” exercise, but, and this is subjective, only endurance athletes can maintain continuous exercising for 6 hours, and there are very few of those.

“Must” is the wording of the government. The guidance begins “You must....”; under When you can leave home “You must....”; under Travel “You must....” under Face Coverings “You must....”; under Support and Childcare “You must....” etc. As you see, there is indeed “must”.

If there are no loopholes then there are none he can make use of, so what is your point about loopholes?

I joined the forum right at the end of last year. I have not previously been a member so far as I know. I have owned computers since 1988 and from time to time since the internet and forums came into being made requests for information or advice to some forums but did not continue membership. I do not have a record of these. In the early years some forums also allowed posts without being required to register as a member.

I am intrigued that you “seem to recognise the writing”. Would you care to elaborate on that?

webblade

I have been unable to access the forum from last Wednesday evening until about an hour before beginning this post – hence the delay in responding to you. The attempted log ins almost all timed out. Occasionally I reached the Home page, and even the Forum list. If I did connect I always saw adverts!!

From the posts by you which I have read on other threads, I deduce you are an intelligent person. That being so I am sure you fully understand the guidance issued by the government, and the fact that its website distinctly states the guidance is the law.

I agree that so far as we are aware the OP has not yet flouted the law. If he does and is not caught (and this is conjecture as I posted) he may have upset somebody to sufficient extent that they report him to the police for having left his local area. Can you imagine how aggrieved golfers feel when people are allowed to walk on golf courses but they cannot play a round – even alone? Yet anglers can go and fish and with a companion. Again conjecture, but his attitude towards the police could be a contributing factor in the possibility of being given a penalty notice. I note his explanation for “brainless copper”, but he did also post an article regarding lower standards of education in police.

He stated that he intended to travel outside his local area (beyond his village, town, part of city) every two weeks, remaining at his destination for 6 hours. He also stated there is fishing closer to home. Once I gained access to the forum again I read the later posts and see that the Angling Trust are advising everyone that they should fish their closest water and not travel further to a preferred water, which is what I suggested to the OP. I did not see any advice on the length of time the Trust considered reasonable for a “once a day” exercise, but, and this is subjective, only endurance athletes can maintain continuous exercising for 6 hours, and there are very few of those.

“Must” is the wording of the government. The guidance begins “You must....”; under When you can leave home “You must....”; under Travel “You must....” under Face Coverings “You must....”; under Support and Childcare “You must....” etc. As you see, there is indeed “must”.

If there are no loopholes then there are none he can make use of, so what is your point about loopholes?

I joined the forum right at the end of last year. I have not previously been a member so far as I know. I have owned computers since 1988 and from time to time since the internet and forums came into being made requests for information or advice to some forums but did not continue membership. I do not have a record of these. In the early years some forums also allowed posts without being required to register as a member.

I am intrigued that you “seem to recognise the writing”. Would you care to elaborate on that?
He probably thinks you're Lipslicker back to haunt us. I certainly hope not, it's been great not having him here 😂

glas y dorlan

How about a copy of the Police disclaimer for travelling in entry #1 of this thread?

loxie

Have a look at the actual legislation if you want to know what the law is.

Hardrar

Slightly off topic, but our nearest town is 8 miles away- a typical picturesque Northern market town, with adequate, but limited food shopping choices. No M & S, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose or Tesco, just a very crowded Morrison’s and very small and crowded Lidl, Asda, Heron and Sainsbury’s local. All open limited hours.
Many locals don’t feel safe and prefer to travel over, only a little further to York, (8-12 miles ish) with many very large out of town Supermarkets that are open 24 hours and very quiet- picking early midweek morning or late evening visits.
However the Police have recently been patrolling these York stores and asking shoppers for i.d. at random, anyone from our locality questioned have recd fixed penalty £200 fines, on the basis they’ve driven past nearer food shops, (some of these people are 70 plus)
Long story short- the risk assessment bs simply wouldn’t wash with any local police officers checking the op, besides the moral bankruptcy of his proposed action to go fishing 14 miles away.

Banksie

Not sure about six hours but once a fortnight sounds reasonable.

Not “flouted the law” it’s ‘broken the law’. ‘Flouted’ is an emotional response fuelled by resentment.

“Must”? Can’t remember. Sorry.

Style of writing. Turn of phrase. Familiar tactics. All good pointers.
It was the grandiosity that nailed it.
Anyway, are you on the naughty step, or proper banned?

And, if it’s not too late, Happy New Year! 😎

edit: I agree, there are no loopholes. I mentioned them because it seems to be a derogatory term in this, and another thread.

Last edited:

kingf000

You really are a most arrogant arse. The view from your pedestal must be as breathtaking as your superiority complex.

The data is two months old and from a six day window. It is from the track and trace app which is totally unreliable. It does not indicate where infections were caught, merely where people had been.

Thank you for reminding us of the do's and don'ts of how to go shopping though...very helpful. I wish I was half as clever as you :rolleyes:
I'm not so arrogant that I rubbish a PHE survey without knowing precisely how the app works. The app works by tracking the phones and noting contact with the phones of people who subsequently test positive. The fact that the phone is on means that the exact location of that phone can be determined and used in these studies.

Last edited:

ohanzee

I'm not so arrogant that I rubbish a PHE survey without knowing precisely how the app works. The app works by tracking the phones and noting contact with the phones of people who subsequently test positive. So it pinpoints exactly where that contact takes place.

At the cost of £35 million no less, so the UK can track exactly how it got the worst death toll on the planet (y)

diawl bach

Failing to assess the risk of nausea induced by the deluge of self righteous virtue signalling in this thread was a bit of an error on kf's part, it's a sad reflection of the national mood.

Hardrar

Anyone watching the 90 minute “outbreak” documentary last night ( ITV 1 at 9)? very interesting and sobering, just how badly the Western World has handled the pandemic and our broadly blinkered view of there being “an end” to it at some point and our “we know best” attitude.
Taiwan a Chinese Island Nation of 24million people, just 7 deaths in total.
The outro summed up, it would be with us for a very long time yet, many years to come, with further variants predicted and in no way vaccines bringing an end to it, unless we can develop a vaccine that prevents it spreading and infecting humans.

Last edited:

kingf000

Anyone watching the 90 minute “outbreak” documentary last night ( ITV 1 at 9)? very interesting and sobering, just how badly the Western World has handled the pandemic and our broadly blinkered view of there being “an end” to it at some point and our “we know best” attitude.
Taiwan a Chinese Island Nation of 24million people, just 7 deaths in total.
The outro summed up, it would be with us for a very long time yet, many years to come, with further variants predicted and in no way vaccines bringing an end to it, unless we can develop a vaccine that prevents it spreading and infecting humans.
One reason many countries in the Far East have handled this pandemic well is that they experience far more deadly diseases than we do more frequently, and have developed within their culture a way of living that reduces disease transmission. In the West we have had far fewer epidemics, and so have never developed this culture to the same extent. With the advent of antibiotics, any knowledge we had has been lost. We may end up having to learn how to live with this pandemic, and if the concerns about antibiotic resistance come about, with many other diseases as well.

hutch6

I'm not so arrogant that I rubbish a PHE survey without knowing precisely how the app works. The app works by tracking the phones and noting contact with the phones of people who subsequently test positive. The fact that the phone is on means that the exact location of that phone can be determined and used in these studies.

Does the track n trace app switch itself off in and around hospitals?

Mr Notherone

The only person here who is failing to understand is you. You wrongly interpreted the data as "where covid is caught". The app says nothing about where infections are transmitted is simply indicates where two phones have been in proximity prior to a subsequent positive test. Given that supermarkets are a primary destination for those who venture out, that data is not surprising and tells us nothing of value.

Track and trace has not worked in the UK with even SAGE saying "it has had minimal impact on the infection". It was introduced far too late and of those who have the app, surveys have shown only 20% of people pinged have self isolated, even fewer in younger age groups. Yet we are still spending £1m a day on consulting for track and trace.

Latest posts