Risk assessment for fishing

uptomyknee_s

I knew I should have done a risk assessment before I attempted that bow and arrow cast.
20170822_143037.jpg

kingf000

Risks driving,60 years of car driving a BSA before that,average over the 60 years 35,000 a year what are the chances of a bump,exactly the same as mile one.
What I am saying is that as I drive more safely than the average driver, my chances of having a car accident are below average. I disagree that the chances of having a bump is the same as mile one. That would be the case if it was pure chance, but mile one you are a very inexperienced driver, probably young and, if male, full of testosterone. Hence more young drivers have accidents.

ohanzee

Policeman: 'where are you going sir?'

Kingfoo: 'fishing'

Policeman: 'can you explain why that is essential?'

Kingfoo: 'I have a risk assessment'

Policeman: 'just answer the question sir'

The virus spreads from one individual to another through close contact, 90-95% indoors and 5-10% outdoors.
So really its a game of chance.I remember scientists saying you can catch it from bags,wood etc as it lives for 72 hours on these items.Thats why people sanatise these items.
That can be reduced to virtually zero by social distancing, contact with another individual for no more than 10 minutes, mask wearing and regular hand sanitisation
It only takes a second for someone to cough and infection occurs.

glueman

What I am saying is that as I drive more safely than the average driver, my chances of having a car accident are below average. I disagree that the chances of having a bump is the same as mile one. That would be the case if it was pure chance, but mile one you are a very inexperienced driver, probably young and, if male, full of testosterone. Hence more young drivers have accidents.
You are talking rubbish,in 1960 the number of cars in the road were small,2021 thousands of cars on the road so much more chance if an accident. You have never studied mode or mean have you

kingf000

I'm giving up on this. You lot can do what the h**l you like and revel in your obtuseness. If you don't want to go fishing, that is entirely your decision. But the government's view is clear: exercise is an essential activity, fishing is exercise, ergo fishing is an essential activity. If the local police say that I can travel 14 miles for this essential exercise, that is fine by me, I'll go and do my essential exercise taking all of the precautions I possibly can do.

Going for a walk is none essential, people can walk round their house or garden if they have one, or get a treadmill delivered. If you are taking a dog for a walk, hire a dog walker, but in reality, owning a dog is not essential and certainly getting in your car and driving with the dog is not essential when there are perfectly good walks nearby
Walking you get exercise,thats the main reason.Why take in another person who can be infectious and put them and you at risk,rater than walk your own dog.A dog is far more better for anyones wellbeing and mental health than mixing or going fishing.A dog has needs aswell daily ,just as we do.ie of a toilet nature.Mine dont use my toilet and require outdoors.

Restless Native

I'm giving up on this. You lot can do what the h**l you like and revel in your obtuseness. If you don't want to go fishing, that is entirely your decision. But the government's view is clear: exercise is an essential activity, fishing is exercise, ergo fishing is an essential activity. If the local police say that I can travel 14 miles for this essential exercise, that is fine by me, I'll go and do my essential exercise taking all of the precautions I possibly can do.
Would that be the local “brainless coppers who don’t know the law” who have said you can travel 14 miles for a non essential purpose ?

blithfield2

Obtuseness is the very least of your problems, I would put arrogance ('brainless copper' remark), supercilious (for acting against the advise of the CMO & Government) towards the very top of your qualities. I just hope that if you are stopped by the police, that the officers are not asymptomatic (is that on your risk assessment?) and that you have a jar of vaseline handy to aid the journey of said risk assessment!

kingf000

You are talking rubbish,in 1960 the number of cars in the road were small,2021 thousands of cars on the road so much more chance if an accident. You have never studied mode or mean have you
Unlike, it seems, everyone else, I make my statements based upon published data. I couldn't find the data on the number of car accidents but Dept of transport figures: when I started driving in 1970, the number of deaths on the roads was 7,499 and the number of injuries 341,000. In 2019 it was 1,870 and 157, 630 respectively.

haggstock

Is that competence based , or opinion that you are better than average ?

Mr Notherone

This thread might take the prize for the wackiest for a good while. Imagine the absurdity of writing your CV on line in an attempt to prove your intellect. Might as well get your **** out and wave it about!

We have here proof that intellect and sound judgment do not necessarily occupy the same space. However, it does appear to go very well with pomposity, arrogance and pedantry. To misquote Bill Murray "It is difficult to argue with a smart man...it is impossible to argue with a fool"

I have also worked with plenty of intelligent scientists. Many struggled to tie their shoe laces or change their pants without a risk assessment.. 😁

glueman

Unlike, it seems, everyone else, I make my statements based upon published data. I couldn't find the data on the number of car accidents but Dept of transport figures: when I started driving in 1970, the number of deaths on the roads was 7,499 and the number of injuries 341,000. In 2019 it was 1,870 and 157, 630 respectively.
If you had put the whole of your "research" you would have put that the 300,000 thousand plus injuries was regarded as being one third of actual numbers. You are always conservative with your figures

As Witty said,every unnecessary contact with another person is a risk that can cause.If you want to go fishing go.
If one goes and more go thats more out and about and more risk.The fault lies with goverment and their silly guidelines which are only encouraging people out and then conflict it with stay at home messages.The v.irus is far more serious and dangerous now than at the beginning and lockdown is far more lax.No wonder people are confused and angry.
This brings it down to "common sense" as mentioned.Common sense should ring bells and say stay at home without the goverment saying stay at home,the daily figures should be enough.
Imagine your driving along and you see an accident would you just drive by ten ring someone else to assist them.First thing in first aid is to save a life.Its a choice to make and not one to or I hope anyone needs to make

glas y dorlan

I’d like to know which Constabulary gave this mythical permission and how exactly it was acquired. In post #1 you claim you sought clarification via an online Police chat room.
In post #31 you sought clarification from local Police station but by post #38 you had a written statement giving you permission.
Who exactly authorised it and which force as I smell something bovine’ish here.

kerryjordan

My dog is black. Good dogs are black. Ergo my dog is good.
I don’t think so......