River Coquet

rincon60

Hi

Heading back up to Rothbury in a few weeks time. Anyone have any idea how it has been fishing? Is there any water in the river? I was hoping to squeeze in a few trips as I really enjoyed it last year (although didn't really find too many brownies)

Any advice or updates would be hugely appreciated

thank you

delray

Been mooching around beautiful Northumberland and the Borders for a few days, and every river we crossed appeared to be on its' bones, that's not to say they're not fishable. Walking along the Jedwater in Jedburgh yesterday morning (by the rugby pitch and cafe), bright sun, 23 degs or so, very low water and saw 10 or more feeding fish in a 150 yards. Just little 'uns but looked very tempting.
Del

langleeford

I was up at Rothbury ( to Thropton) on Wednesday and walked a mile or so of the Coquet. Unsurprisingly it is down to its bare bones. In the few pools remaining the only things swimming around were dogs and children.

Hopefully some rain, but not an overdose, will arive soon. Desperately needed.

Good luck.

rincon60

thanks everyone

I'll keep an eye on the weather and pack a rod in case!

Overmiwadrers

I am in a cottage near the Coquet at the end of May apart from trout what’s the chances of migratory fish assuming we have had rain

O M W

steviej

I had this 4lber from the Anglers Arms beat last September. So I guess there will be a few more.

View attachment 23121
I stayed in Coquet cottages
Mike fox, is the anglers arms beat part of Northumbrian anglers water or another club? Or did you buy a day ticket when you fished it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steviej

Black and silver, I joined the fed at the back of last season and not got out much so wasn’t too sure if it was there water as well as I know they have pauperhaugh further up

mike fox

Mike fox, is the anglers arms beat part of Northumbrian anglers water or another club? Or did you buy a day ticket when you fished it

It is privately owned by the Anglers Arms and right out side the front door of the pub with day tickets only available from the pub. I have no idea about how they are working it at the moment during lock down, so it may be worth sending them an e mail. Normally when they have residents, there are no staff at the premises over night but again that may have changed because of security reasons at the moment so you may get a response from a phone call.