River Leven Fife

kreid

Wondered if anyone was willing to share some info on the sea and brown trout fishing on Fife's River Leven? I have hears that is is fishing well at times.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Wondered if anyone was willing to share some info on the sea and brown trout fishing on Fife's River Leven? I have hears that is is fishing well at times.
You could try to contact rookstorm (Stewart) on here, but not seen him active for a goodly while.
He was one of the River Levens club members a while back.
regards
Bert

Scotty Mitchell

I was a member for some time. Its my "local" river to an extent. I only gave the ticket up as my main area of work is now in Perth and Kinross and a lot of my fishing is done before, after or during work 😁
The Leven is an excellent river, it isn't big but is very varied with lots of features in each stretch. The top end, from auchmuir into Leslie is chalks ream like in appearance and absolutely chock full of life. Another good productive stretch is Balgonie, in the middle reaches.
Some bits are easier to access than others and can fish accordingly. It pays to explore a bit.
There are plenty sea trout, I had several by accident whilst nymphing, biggest approx 5lbs. Unsure how many salmon make it past Methil 🤔.
I believe there are no longer day tickets for sale, you have to but a membership. I may be wrong there.
Stuart (Rookstorm) and Brian (BrianMcG) can be found wandering the river regularly and know everything there is to know, and will advise in such a generous way its hard to describe. Absolute gentlemen without a doubt.
If you would like more specific Info, pm me your questions and I'll do my very best 👍

fishing hobo

That's good K. At my last AGM there was talk of doing away with the day ticket ad so few were sold, hence my assumption.
As said earlier if you need any info prior to fishing hive me a shout.
I don't fish the Leven as it is not my local river but I know the chairman and his friend. The club post earlier mentioned by Scotty was that they were doing away with day tickets. If the river is local to you, you should get the season ticket. Great wee river that Leven.

light olive

Used to attend casting club which Stuart and Brian ran. They were so free giving with their expertise and genuinely nice guys. It was a shame they eventually had to give it up. If I remember correctly we paid the guy who owned the fishery £5 for the session, of which Stuart and Brian received zero but they were happy to pass on their skills. The take up of their free offer eventually dropped off to just about zero which says a lot about anglers who will pay hundreds of pounds on a rod and maybe over a thousand pounds overall on equipment which they will never get the best use of. Both these lads know the river Leven very well and I'm sure they would help any angler wishing to get to know this river better.

fishing hobo

Used to attend casting club which Stuart and Brian ran. They were so free giving with their expertise and genuinely nice guys. It was a shame they eventually had to give it up. If I remember correctly we paid the guy who owned the fishery £5 for the session, of which Stuart and Brian received zero but they were happy to pass on their skills. The take up of their free offer eventually dropped off to just about zero which says a lot about anglers who will pay hundreds of pounds on a rod and maybe over a thousand pounds overall on equipment which they will never get the best use of. Both these lads know the river Leven very well and I'm sure they would help any angler wishing to get to know this river better.
I am one of those who benefitted from their generosity. Great bunch of guys.

Latest posts