River Pang by Sportfish

sam_mac

Hi Everyone,

I have just seen that Sportfish are doing day tickets on the River Pang, think its the Barn Elms fishery stretch. Has anyone fished this stretch recently or in the past? Wondering if its worth a go, if so, any advice/tips?

Cheers
Sam

thetrouttickler

I was just wondering the same question. It is the 900m of river at the Barns Elm Fishery. Anyone fished this stretch recently or at all?

tierradelfuego

I live a few miles from there, but not fished it personally. That said, speaking to a few in the Gresham club where I'm a member on the Loddon who have fished it over the years, they thought it was a nice stretch with a good head of trout and a few grayling. Up where I live in Bucklebury the Pang is almost a winterbourne so levels get very low (some years non-existent) later in the season. Albeit there are numerous spring inlets down the river, I'd be surprised if a few miles away the river doesn't suffer to some extent with the same issue, so I would personally recommend it (albeit with no actual knowledge) as an early/mid season river rather than later.