River Taff, Cardiff

lucky_guliver

Your based in London?
And the Taff you say is the closest river to you?
Cheers
So far I was chasing trout with a spinning rod and Taff was the closest river that I could find allowing this method. Actually it's a bit of a hassle for me to get there as it takes me 6 h from home to the bank of the river using public transport. Switching to fly should open more rivers closer to me. I hope.

@ Thank you to diawl bach for a history lesson
@ Thank you to garethl PM on its way

Anyone fished the taff as of recent? I havent fished it for about 5 years, I always fish the radyr stretch with GAC but finally I'll be getting back into it now :cool:

nickthomas

Anyone fished the taff as of recent? I havent fished it for about 5 years, I always fish the radyr stretch with GAC but finally I'll be getting back into it now :cool:
I’ve fished it a few times it the latest couple of weeks. It’s running very low and the banks are a lot busier with people out exercising, but it’s fished pretty well for me.

I’ve fished it a few times it the latest couple of weeks. It’s running very low and the banks are a lot busier with people out exercising, but it’s fished pretty well for me.
Yeah its looking low, and im not surprised its busy with people, might give the late evenings ago 👌