River taff osprey water

icejohn

Hi all just given the taff a go again... And have the same conclusion that overall it's a long blinking walk over lots of boulders with very little to show for it.

Water seems to vary from 3 inches to 7-8 ft enough to make u tread carefully. But the vast stretches seem really hard to find fish. I don't have the time to stay late to watch for the big rises etc.

Very disappointed so far... Not the best day as it's tipping down.

Had 6 in some very obvious spots but nothing at all when covering the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilfishman

i fish it 1/2 times a week,it's been low for some time inc Sunday when I was there last.as access goes to the river,...it is non existent in most places and a machete is needed,to explore some stretches.fishing wise it's been a case of finding them,,a lot of pools that usually fish well,have not been holding fish due to the low levels recently.

icejohn

Well its the case when i have been to walk / fish 100 yards before you get a bite. then fish that area well you might be a few more takes etc but move 20 yards up and back to nothing again and u can bet its another 100yards or so before another bite. So frustrating as the river looks bloody amazing and little evidence of pollution this time around appart from the odd shopping trolley which i actually took a fish off from under it.

Last edited: