river taff

danielp

You are very unlikely to get a useful response to that question on a public board mate. The Taff is surrounded by people and poaching is a real problem, people shouldn't be publicly stating where the best fishing is.

Join one of the clubs that controls the water and ask there, they will be much more helpful. They are also all quite cheap, FTAC and Osprey's are a good place to start, with Merthyr if you fancy fishing further up alhtough I don't think they allow grayling fishing.

Dan

fish stalker

Hey ponty poacher.

The grayling are everywhere butt, just get down there and give it a going over.

Try and fish the slower waters if you can and use the klink and dink with a small gold head PT on the point..

Just make sure you have your tickets with you :).

There are a few checking these days.

Good luck

fish stalker

Well ask the boys up the club about the river then butt, lots of good anglers up there to tell you where the best spots are!

Ring Kie im sure he will help you.

welshflyfisher

fished the osprey water today, it was ok in the morning considering we were forcast rain. Had a shed load oftrout and small grayling up to the 1/2lb mark and before the rain hammered it down i had 2 nice grayling 1 around 1 1/2 lb & 1lb. After the heavy rain i hookied into a nice trout around the 1 1/2. But a realy good days fishing even though i got soaked :D

youll have to excuse the poor quality photo's as i took the old camera with me today :p

Last edited:

Fishtec Tackle

fished the osprey water today, it was ok in the morning considering we were forcast rain. Had a shed load oftrout and small grayling up to the 1/2lb mark and before the rain hammered it down i had 2 nice grayling 1 around 1 1/2 lb & 1lb. After the heavy rain i hookied into a nice trout around the 1 1/2. But a realy good days fishing even though i got soaked :D

youll have to excuse the poor quality photo's as i took the old camera with me today :p

About time you bought a ticket now Dan :D

Fishtec Tackle

Yup! Posting on a public forum that hes fishing water without a ticket when fully fledged osprey members are able to view... terrible :wine:

Sometimes makes you wonder why you actually buy a ticket at all.. naughty Dan. Smacked bottom for you. :goodcast:

fish stalker

Yup! Posting on a public forum that hes fishing water without a ticket when fully fledged osprey members are able to view... terrible :wine:

Sometimes makes you wonder why you actually buy a ticket at all.. naughty Dan. Smacked bottom for you. :goodcast:
I have been checking the sales books for the day tickets and season tickets but i have not seen your name on one:(

Dan please refrain from fishing the Ospreys waters if you do not hold a ticket.

Grayling ticket are £10.
Link below for info on price and where you can get the tickets from.
osprey fly fishers association

Last edited: