River Taff

FREDERICK

Hi Everyone just wondering how good this RIVER IS FISHING knowing that the River level might be low,and am hoping to fish this River in August anyone any info would be helpful and informative for my Trip

danielp

Where abouts on the river Fred? Which stretches you hoping to fish?

It is a pretty big river and different stretches fish very differently.

FREDERICK

As I have not fished this River before, all the info would be appreciated ,my base will be on a ,Camping site, I was thinking a Map of the area might be a start to give me a idea of which part of the ,River , I can experience a good day,s or two day fishing trip .

diawl bach

Okay, I'm not a tour operator but maybe Grawen caravan and camping park would suit, near a few lakes on the (now dry)) upper Taff tribs but within easy striking distance of Merthyr Tydfil Angling Association waters.

FREDERICK

Thanks for this info and as you said the upper Taff is in a dry mode this might change in August but, being able to be close to the Lower Taff sounds good for fishing

diawl bach

No prob. Fred, if you give us a shout nearer the time you plan to leave someone will let you know how the water levels are.

jj1

If the river is still low, there is the option of cardiff caravan and camping site, its adjoing sofia gardens and is a short walk to the lower reaches where there are a million grayling! Its also a short drive to the middle reaches.