River tees at neasham

pikecatcher

There is apparently some free fishing at Neasham, the question is, is it fishable with fly, and is it wadeable?

Just looking for an alternative to Broken Scar.......:thumbs:

noel

Ask the question in the River Tees thread you may then get an answer is my advice for what it is worth.

Happy grandad

parmaynu

I understand how you feel. Most of my questions have either been ignored or some cleverdick answer given. On one thread the guy who is supposed to be the expert just lurks around pressing the I like button from time to time but doesnt actually come on and explain anything. It is a weird place for sure and I dont know how long I will carry on with it.
So to try and answer your question, it is a long time since I fished that far downstream as its a bit out of my local area, but if it is the length I thinking of it is all quite flat and shallow.
Parmaynu.

dave b

If I remember rightly it is wadeable. I haven't fished it for over 30 years but it is a short length that used to be good for dace with odd trout grayling and chub.

pikecatcher

Thanks all. Yes it is long and shallow - I fished it at low water and had a few plucks, but that was it!

Could be a better bet with 6" more water on it.