River Tees

jimlad

Something about walking along the tees on BCC1 tonight at 8pm - might be worth a look?
Just looked there. It says there’s something on at 7.30 about the river lea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delray

No, you're right; it's an episode of UK River Walks from a year or 2 ago and tonight's repeat is of the Upper Tees. I don't recall angling being a significant or any part of it.

edit; and hopefully a pal and I will be up there for 3 days, 2 nights from the 8th Sept! Lovely.

Last edited:

ROVER

No, you're right; it's an episode of UK River Walks from a year or 2 ago and tonight's repeat is of the Upper Tees. I don't recall angling being a significant or any part of it.

edit; and hopefully a pal and I will be up there for 3 days, 2 nights from the 8th Sept! Lovely.
Hope it gets significantly better than of late for you, its been pretty pants lately!

G

bbamboo

Had some decent evening fishing from 6.30 till 8.30 pm the grayling are starting to feed.
Most fish on dry flys

george387

I've had some cracking fishing recently on the tees, Both Trout & good Grayling both on nymphs & dries I just dont advertise no more as was getting pestered, this is one from 2 weeks ago.big trout.jpg

bbamboo

There is some good fish George if you know where to look.
Had a very nice grayling over 2lb this week .��

ROVER

Took a chance of finding a quiet spot out of the raging wind yesterday and ended up getting about 8 grayling and 3 trout off the top in between the gusts early afternoon , all on a lifter.

G

bbamboo

Nice one ,it's been windy the last two nights. On Friday only had 4 grayling best one was about 1/2 lb. On Saturday night had 8 grayling best one about 3/4lb. There very quick :thumbs:

delray

Stop it you lot. Get off the water, let it rest for 8 days; you can have it back Wednesday week.

No idea where we're fishing Sunday, but Monday, wind allowing, we'll probably be up at Widdybank in the morning and Middleton in the afternoon. Tuesday, Mr Jon Barnes has the dubious pleasure of our company..........Sorted!

Just hope we get the weather.

george387

Stop it you lot. Get off the water, let it rest for 8 days; you can have it back Wednesday week.

No idea where we're fishing Sunday, but Monday, wind allowing, we'll probably be up at Widdybank in the morning and Middleton in the afternoon. Tuesday, Mr Jon Barnes has the dubious pleasure of our company..........Sorted!

Just hope we get the weather.
If your with Jonathon I know exactly where you will be fishing, I could even tell you which pool, but i wont spoil the surprise for you :whistle::whistle:;)
Tight lines

bbamboo

Been on the river lately?. Had a few grayling and the odd back end trout fish up to 1 1/2lb.
Mainly on the dry fly, 20 or so on a good night. Anyone else doing much at the moment.

bbamboo

Pleased to see at least a couple of forum anglers fishing the river. I see very few anglers fly fishing the Tees these days, in fact on my own club water I have only see two other members on a summer's evening fly fishing all year.
Even Broken Scar which I walk around regular, some days has no anglers present for the whole of the free water.
How things have changed.
Gary

george387

Pleased to see at least a couple of forum anglers fishing the river. I see very few anglers fly fishing the Tees these days, in fact on my own club water I have only see two other members on a summer's evening fly fishing all year.
Even Broken Scar which I walk around regular, some days has no anglers present for the whole of the free water.
How things have changed.
Gary
Long gone are the days of fighting to get onto the stretches now Gary, On my last 4 visits to the Tees I've had the river to myself, not a single soul seen, I bumped into 2 lads about 6 weeks ago who had caught nothing for a few visits and after a chat & a few flies going their way out my box I seen them 2 hours later & both had caught fish :thumbs: They said if they hadn't bumped into me they were thinking of throwing the towel in on the Tees as they have struggled all year. I sat down with the 2 of them for around an hour chatting and informed them the Tees is probably the best Grayling River in the North East IMHO and I dont say that lightly, Its just a case of reading the water & getting to know it.:thumbs:

Latest posts