River Tees

cgaines10

I’ve probably had my best year on the Tees this year. I’d agree I never see anyone out though, unless I’m fishing PB which always seems to have people fishing it.

A couple of pics anyway..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbamboo

After a very long week recovering from the man flu. I ventured out today Monday, river was well what you can imagine horrendous.
Sat on the bank not wetting a line untill 3pm. On went some nymphs and low and behold I caught 4 fish
3 grayling and a small dace. All fish took a tungsten 4mm hairs ear. Pleased with the result and felt better for some fresh air. Tight lines Gary.

george387

After a very long week recovering from the man flu. I ventured out today Monday, river was well what you can imagine horrendous.
Sat on the bank not wetting a line untill 3pm. On went some nymphs and low and behold I caught 4 fish
3 grayling and a small dace. All fish took a tungsten 4mm hairs ear. Pleased with the result and felt better for some fresh air. Tight lines Gary.
well in Gary, I ventured out armed with rods & camera at 4am on Saturday morning heading up into the high country and the camera won, the rods never even left the boot of the car so you did well :thumbs:

bbamboo

The Darlington Brown Trout now has its own Facebook page it's open to all members of the club. Please join up if your a club member it would be good to see some fly fishing posts.
Gary

cgaines10

If your thinking of fishing the Tees, you can catch them of that standard all the way from coniscliffe to middleton in teesdale, maybe even further.

Cracking fish by the way chris, bet your heart was pumping while play that one, pleaee don't come of please please lol.
Yes, I was very nervous all the way through! Nail-biter

ROVER

Trade Member
If your thinking of fishing the Tees, you can catch them of that standard all the way from coniscliffe to middleton in teesdale, maybe even further.

Cracking fish by the way chris, bet your heart was pumping while play that one, pleaee don't come of please please lol.
Really? I'd expect most anglers could fish the Tees for years and years and not see a fish of that standard.

Last edited:

ROVER

Trade Member
I still stand by my opinion that that is a fish of a lifetime from the Tees - they may be there - but your post looks to me like the average reader would think that they are regularly caught, which I'm sure most Tees anglers would agree they are not. Its not in anyone's interest to imply you can rock up to the Tees and catch a fish like that.

cgaines10

I still stand by my opinion that that is a fish of a lifetime from the Tees - they may be there - but your post looks to me like the average reader would think that they are regularly caught, which I'm sure most Tees anglers would agree they are not. Its not in anyone's interest to imply you can rock up to the Tees and catch a fish like that.
Totally agree.

The club’s secretary said to me “he’s never seen a fish that size & he’s been at the club since 1972”.

Latest posts