River Tees

ROVER

Serendipity - The same happened to Daran, he left his rod at the Gainford layby and my mate Iain (Teeser) found it for him a few years back.

teeser

Serendipity - The same happened to Daran, he left his rod at the Gainford layby and my mate Iain (Teeser) found it for him a few years back.
Close but I left it at the layby and posted for help on here and daran found it

darans

You’ve found my secret......,just don’t tell
my missus, she thinks I buy all my fishing rods rather than hanging around lay-bys waiting for anglers to leave them behind.....

druncle

After a few relatively frustrating years regarding size of tees trout landed, had my p.b. brownie on thursday (6th) at around 4pm. Nothing to weigh it with, but a full bodied fish, around 17" head to tail. Upstream greenwells spider fished shallow, between hail showers, with coloured water, during a brief rise. Dbt water near Conni.
After having a couple of mediocre seasons, this was a great confidence booster. I have never lacked an almost obsessive enthusiasm, just wished that would translate to trout in the net!
Fish returned.

bbamboo

After a few relatively frustrating years regarding size of tees trout landed, had my p.b. brownie on thursday (6th) at around 4pm. Nothing to weigh it with, but a full bodied fish, around 17" head to tail. Upstream greenwells spider fished shallow, between hail showers, with coloured water, during a brief rise. Dbt water near Conni.
After having a couple of mediocre seasons, this was a great confidence booster. I have never lacked an almost obsessive enthusiasm, just wished that would translate to trout in the net!
Fish returned.
Well done, nice fish.
Gary DBT.

dunsmuir

Fish returned.
I had a similar trout in April also after a few leaner years and despite considerable effort. Things must be looking up.

It's a shame more people don't post reports on this site much any more, though.