Brilliant

Barnard Castle 0.06 ASL & steady
Broken Scar 0.29 ASL & steady
Low Moor 0.21ASL & steady
Next time try 09066197722
press 2
then press 666 to cut to the chase!

Rover

Thanks, at £6.00 per gallon and with a near fifty mile round trip this little gem will save me an awful lot of money:D:cool:. Not to mention the benefit to be gained by not wasting a day off driving about when I could have been doing jobs for the wife:rolleyes:.

ROVER

Trade Member
should be fishable - the further up the better - ive had some good sport lately with more water in than this

carrds

Not so tough

EO

Sorry you had a tough day. Suggest you give up on the tourists and turn to the ladies for entertainment. Fished this afternoon a couple on spiders then a load more to dries, one that leapt 2 feet to take the fly as it landed. Few fish actually showing and no particular rise but all seemed happy to come to the surface for a variety of flies. Biggest 16 inches smallest, well, very small, lovely afternoon, as you know, sure beats sitting in an office, unfortunately thats tomorrow:(

amadeo

plenty of tourists passing through broken scar on sat,
anyone had anything out?

amadeo

Fished the river monday evening cascade on point red tag on the dropper had 2 grayling on the tag didnt see any salmon moving

webmonkeyuk

hi guys im thinking of going upto the blackwell-broken scar part of the tees and was just wondering wheres best to leave the car? is the most used place near the picnic area? also ive been thinking of heading to Hurworth Place near croft but im not sure wheres ok to fish from, im sure thornaby has rights there but ive seen that theres a free section. I really need to get some practice in as my casting is rubbish :eek:

Thanx chaps

webmonkeyuk

fished for about 1 hour today and got a brownie on a spinner, ended up been a PB for me didnt manage to weigh it as i didnt bring any scales but it was about 27inches but it must of been round the 5lb mark. was great to see it swim off too :D

webmonkeyuk

grayling-pike, i know that trout are out of season ;) i was doing a bit of corse fishing but i only had about 30 min spinning to get some practice in as i normally end up catching rocks with spinners :) i was amazed to catch a trout with it

Last edited:

davidh

Hi,
Its not normally a great idea to spin at this time of year, since the chances of hooking an out-of-season salmon or trout are pretty high.

There are loads of grayling in the Tees - have a go with fly - you'll love it!

webmonkeyuk

the problem is im not very confident with the fly, i struggle when i dont have alot of room to cast but id love to beable to do some fly fishing. i think having a few leasons over the next few months. its not very easy been a beginner :(

davidh

Hi.
If you can cast a spinner you can cast a fly. Different technique, but hand/eye coordination is necessary for both.

You need some kind person:) on here who lives near you to show you the basics - then you're away!

webmonkeyuk

ive done a little bit of fly fishing but i just cant seem to get the line out very far, im going to practice in a field somewhere