River Tees

yorkio

ive done a little bit of fly fishing but i just cant seem to get the line out very far, im going to practice in a field somewhere

You'd be much better off getting a few hours of casting instruction. The problem with practising when you're not very good is that you're practising casting badly, not casting well. (And I speak as someone who casts pretty badly himself!)

ROVER

Trade Member
A 27" browny out of the tees...........:eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:

Id put my house on it that what you caught was a coloured sea trout;)

still a nice fish though.

davidh

A 27" browny out of the tees...........:eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:

Id put my house on it that what you caught was a coloured sea trout;)

You're right Rover,
Given the numbers of big sea-trout on the east coast, this fish was much more likely to have been a sea-trout than a brown trout.

Nice fish anyway (in season of course).

webmonkeyuk

yeah ive had alook round on the net at pictures and it look more like a sea trout. First one ive ever caught just a shame it was out of season, glad it went back fine though :). cant wait till next ear for my first proper season of fishing :D

amadeo

Hi guys
Theres been no action on this thread for a while, anyone been out lately?

Im gonna head down on sat either darl or barney hopefully there will be a few grayling about.

amadeo

Ive only been out once this month and that was to jubilee dont get me wrong the owners are real nice people and its probably the best small stillwater fishery ive been to but only a day on a river can give me my fishing fix other than swffing.
Ill be down the tees tommorow ill try n put some pics up let us know how ya get on

ROVER

Trade Member
Ive only been out once this month and that was to jubilee dont get me wrong the owners are real nice people and its probably the best small stillwater fishery ive been to but only a day on a river can give me my fishing fix other than swffing.
Ill be down the tees tommorow ill try n put some pics up let us know how ya get on

I hope you took your scuba gear:eek:

amadeo

didnt bother last weekend due to the weather, anyone know if the rivers fishable yet?

webmonkeyuk

Thinking of doing a big of Grailing fishing this weekend and was just wondering if they can be found on the broken scar stretch?

amadeo

hey webmonkey yeah theres plenty of grayling on the broken scar stretch spider patterns,mallard & claret and red tags do the job.

Im sure czech nymphs work well in the right hands but ive only had limited sucess with them on the tees.

Anyone braved the weather to have a bash at the tourists yet?

webmonkeyuk

i planned on going on monday but when i seen the snow i thought nope not today, passed along the tees near teesside park and the banks were flooded so maybe not the best conditions for fishing

amadeo

Had a go for the salmon this morning, i blanked. The river is surprisingly low im presuming most of the snow hasnt melted higher up yet.
Anyone seen any springers yet?
I watched the fish ladder at broken scar for 15 mins, didnt see anything passing through, theres a whole huge tree, roots n all stuck on the dam itself tho.
Anyone else been out playing in the snow?

prof1974

Where is broken scar? Is it on the way out of Darlo?

Cheers CP

ROVER

Trade Member
Amadeo

your supposed to take the plastic off a cork handle, its only to protect it before the rod is sold!

it must be slippy like that?

but worse, the cork will rot when it gets damp.

merely an observation.:)

amadeo

hey rover its only the second time ive used the rod, hadnt got around to it, didnt find it affected casting tho.
u been out on the river lately?
I'll be back out on the river tommorow just wish there was a bit more water in it.

riverat

Hey Amadeo, was that you that passed me and my mate yesterday? We were trotting for grayling and were having a good bit of sport in the snow...I seem to recognise the blue line on your reel!!!

River much lower than I was expecting it to be. After you saw us (at least I guess it was you) we moved upstream mainly to warm frozen toes up. Nothing doing at the bend area and when we went back downstream to fish the "shoal" again we had found there were two cormorants and three goosanders working the area. No more fish - guess we should have stayed put while we were catching. Still the morning was good.

webmonkeyuk

how far down can you go? furthest ive been down to is the bend just after the wire fence. might pop down tomorrow and see if i can get my casting any better :rolleyes:

Latest posts