River Ure, Wensleydale

george387

Friday 29th March
Grayling anglers wanted to help Calverton Fiisheries team to source Grayling from River Ure. Run by Ure Salmon Trust. Briefing 10:30am at Three Horse Shoes pub car park, Wensley (DL8 4HJ) on A684.
Took this off Facebook, does anyone know anything about it?

Derwent Fly

As i understand it they are aiming to catch and strip a number of graying from the Ure The stripping will be at the hatchery at calverton and release the adults back into Ure. The offspring are to be released in Don and Aire to improve grayling numbers.

David

Last edited:

BRUCE1

The Northern Shire of York....within the Kingdom o
Took this off Facebook, does anyone know anything about it?
I got an email about it earlier in the week George.
pm me your email and I'll forward the details if you like.
As i understand it they are aiming to catch and strip a number of graying from the Ure The stripping will be at the hatchery at calverton and release the adults back into Ure. The offspring are to be released in Don and Aire to improve grayling numbers.

David

something not right about this ???

1/ its Fishing illegally under there own byelaws ???

2/why fish with rod and line when they can Electro fish it ????

not sure i would be happy if i was a member of Wensleydale angling club ,removing future stocks via stripping eggs ...if they were safeguarding Ure fish then fair enough ,but to strip ,rear, and place else where ????

umbra abus

Yes come if you can 10:30 tomorrow three horse shoes, Wensley, I will give briefing after everyone has arrived and I will explain more.

Don't worry Bruce I will reply when I have a moment.

Guest108

Pro Member
Yes come if you can 10:30 tomorrow three horse shoes, Wensley, I will give briefing after everyone has arrived and I will explain more.

See you in the morning mate.

Ps

Keep me a seat pal - front will do please / long legs :D:thumbs:

umbra abus

haha there is a tank in the back you can sit next to that if you like? just opened the new rod it is stunning. in the old landie tomorrow so I will have to do a lot of running around!

See you in the morning

george387

I would have been there if I hadn't been called out at the ungodly hour of 2am to drive up to Kielder for an emergency :( so am afraid the only place I will be visiting today is a snooze on the armchair & dreaming of fishing. Hope all goes well for the guys who made it.

wwpalum

Bank holiday Monday, had a cracking day on the river Cover, all to the dry wickams and sturdys fancy :thumbs:. 27 fish 17 brownies 4 chublets and 6 grayling. First time I fished time the Ure tributary for over 25 years :):).

nigel67

had a good day on the fly last Tuesday near hawes with a few brownies.this was the biggest of the day I didn't have my scales with me so I don't know how much it weighed :eek:mg:.

Last edited:

george387

Had a few hours after tea on the river, very low and on its bare bones, all that seemed to be moving was par, tried a few of the deeper runs with some dries and managed 8 fish with the biggest going about a half pound, nothing bigger seen at all, very enjoyable :thumbs:

lankylad

Managed 4 fish on Thursday afternoon. All wbt, biggest was about 10". Nice afternoon but wind was a problem. Fishing various dries over a nymph. Not many fish rising.

Dave

george387

Just back from a dirty river which was rising, must have been rain further up in the dale, was asked if I could show a lad the upper river for a few hours and although dirty & rising we both still managed a few fish each, but forgot the camera in my haste to get out & also the midge cream, was eaten alive tonight, a good few hours on the river never the less :thumbs:

george387

Had another couple of hours on the river this evening, plenty of spinners around but very little surface movement at all & the ones that were moving were only small par.
Managed to loose a couple of Grayling and hooked a decent fish also lost at range after it decided to start acrobatics. A couple of smaller fish came to the net on upstream spiders. The bottom of the river is full of sediment and needs a good flush through.

Latest posts