River Wharfe Grassington, day tickets

barden neil

Anyone know if you can still buy day tickets to fish the River Wharfe at Grassington? I think it’s controlled by Litton Threshfield & Grassington anglers and a few years ago a day ticket could be obtained at the local Post office in Grassington.

hutch6

Thanks for the info👍👍
I was a member at Addingham up until last year and have now moved away from the area. If you've never tried that stretch I highly recommend it. Day tickets are available from the Post Office in the morning. The bankside is a lot quieter than Grassington and it offers some great fishing.

Paradise stretch on an evening is just sublime and shows it at its best. Start at the very end of the Corner Pool (don't venture too far out as it drops off straight down so take your time) and pick off the fish coming up just out from the far lower branches as you make your way up, but once the light dips down over the tree tops you want to make your way down to Jubilee Pool and let the fun commence. Griffith's size 16-18. Anything sedge-like size 16-20. Partridge & Orange size 12-16.

Wonderful place to be when the light is fading and the wildlife comes creeping out.

barden neil

I last bought at the Post Office about 3 years ago, I'm now a member

Bradford City AA have some waters nearby and are very good value at £44 pa

K
Do you know if they openings for members? I was a member at Bolton Abbey for several years but won’t join again after the ridiculous hike in price. I’ve been in Bradford city but prefer larger rivers so would like to give Grassington a try.

barden neil

I was a member at Addingham up until last year and have now moved away from the area. If you've never tried that stretch I highly recommend it. Day tickets are available from the Post Office in the morning. The bankside is a lot quieter than Grassington and it offers some great fishing.

Paradise stretch on an evening is just sublime and shows it at its best. Start at the very end of the Corner Pool (don't venture too far out as it drops off straight down so take your time) and pick off the fish coming up just out from the far lower branches as you make your way up, but once the light dips down over the tree tops you want to make your way down to Jubilee Pool and let the fun commence. Griffith's size 16-18. Anything sedge-like size 16-20. Partridge & Orange size 12-16.

Wonderful place to be when the light is fading and the wildlife comes creeping out.
Sounds fab but I’m not really close enough to fish in the evening regularly. I’ll certainly give it a try though, thanks for the info.

kevin55

London NW; originally from South Derbyshire
Do you know if they openings for members? I was a member at Bolton Abbey for several years but won’t join again after the ridiculous hike in price. I’ve been in Bradford city but prefer larger rivers so would like to give Grassington a try.
They may have, it took me as a non-local 2-3 years to get in

Bradford do have some of the (wider) Wharfe at Appletreewick as well as a stretch upstream at Hubberholme

Kilnsey AC is very good with exclusive use of a beat in the mornings, though more expensive than most other nearby clubs