Rivers - Fly Fishing North Norfolk

Donny2020

At this time of the year I would normally be fishing on the river Dee for sea trout & salmon. However, under the current situation, I'm going to stay in E Anglia so I'm hoping to fish some brackish waters in Norfolk. Can anyone suggest any spots where you bank or even better, wade.

the optimist

hello donny I’ll be interested in any responses as I live in same location - there are sea trout about but not in great numbers to my knowledge but I know Of a few guys who fly fish for bass on the north Norfolk coast

delray

I posted a question re the Nar at Castle Acre recently and got zero responses; it would appear the North East Anglians keep their cards close to their chest!
I've often stopped near the bridge over the River Burn, due North of Burnham Market and South West of B'hm Overy Staith and watched some large fish in the pool there but haven't been able to identify them. There is a sign "Private Fishing' but must admit to never researching who 'owns' the private fishing.

kerryjordan

I posted a question re the Nar at Castle Acre recently and got zero responses; it would appear the North East Anglians keep their cards close to their chest!
I've often stopped near the bridge over the River Burn, due North of Burnham Market and South West of B'hm Overy Staith and watched some large fish in the pool there but haven't been able to identify them. There is a sign "Private Fishing' but must admit to never researching who 'owns' the private fishing.
[

Yes, ascertaining who owns the fishing rights is difficult. There is day ticket fishing on the Wensum at Billingford over a mile stretch - Billingfordlakes.co.uk
You’re more likely to catch a chub than a trout but I have caught trout there. This was a couple of years ago so it might be worth ringing first, although I just parked up and fished and paid the bailiff £10 when he turned up.