Rivers of a Lost Coast

thewormturns

Yes, I loved this film. The fact that it revolves around a location thousands of miles away quickly became irrelevant. The old anglers are so articulate and candid and Bill Schaadt is one of the sport's great characters. Simply decided to withdraw from 'real life', hook up to his neighbour's electricity supply (not clear if this was a consensual arrangement) and just fish.

weiliwen

Elitist Blowhard Pr1ck
It was a shame to see the damage done to the fishery over the time period of the documentary. It's the same all up and down the West Coast of the USA, at least. On my "home" river on the Northwest Oregon coast, when I was born in 1959, I am told the limit was 10 salmon a day. Now it's all catch and release, and there isn't too much catching to be done.

However, I especially liked the descriptions of the men who fished the rivers; their methods, their quirks, and their personalities.

william henry

I found the stories of the now long gone anglers so compulsive I have now gone and purchased the book by Russ Chatham named The Anglers Coast .
There is also a book solely on Bill Schaadt .........

thewormturns

Re: Rivers of a Lost Coast..

No problem. That Sports Illustrated Vault is an amazing resource, although inevitably most of it revolves around American sport.