rod blanks from outside uk

dewijohn

hi ,i know that there is a quite long thread about post brexit vat etc for bits from outside the uk but has anyone actually purchased blanks etc from outside the uk since the change over and if they have whats the score with vat, ive also noticed that blokes prices have increased by about 20%
many thanks in advance
john

sewinbasher

The Bloke blanks are Chinese and the price increase could be due to Covid issues, currency, supply, transport costs or a combination but Brexit should not be an issue.

beetlebum

I ordered some from Germany and had to pay the Vat charges with DHL before delivery (plus an admin charge etc🙄).

bonito

I`ve been buying from Europe for many years, Germany, Italy and Bulgaria. They always charged VAT with the order at their rate, Italy for example was 22% and charged on top of carriage. Most recent order was 4 sets of guides from Italy, £998.00 (inc cariiage) 4 weeks back. No VAT was charged on order, carriage was same as always. Delivery was 3 days by DHL. Their customs clearance contacted me for further details, ref No. etc. and then popped me a bill in the post for UK VAT and £11 handling fee which came to just under £200. Smaller order from germany, £40 odd arrived free of any VAT and that was weeks back. Blanks from Bulgaria, exactly the same set up as Italy, VAT charged at UK rate by DHL customs clearance.

JayP

I`ve been buying from Europe for many years, Germany, Italy and Bulgaria. They always charged VAT with the order at their rate, Italy for example was 22% and charged on top of carriage. Most recent order was 4 sets of guides from Italy, £998.00 (inc cariiage) 4 weeks back. No VAT was charged on order, carriage was same as always. Delivery was 3 days by DHL. Their customs clearance contacted me for further details, ref No. etc. and then popped me a bill in the post for UK VAT and £11 handling fee which came to just under £200. Smaller order from germany, £40 odd arrived free of any VAT and that was weeks back. Blanks from Bulgaria, exactly the same set up as Italy, VAT charged at UK rate by DHL customs clearance.
4 sets of guides for £998, what precious metal are they made from?

bonito

4 sets of guides for £998, what precious metal are they made from?

Marine alloy, water jet cut from solid block, German BB`s, recessed roller, made Italy, none in the world to beat them although Winthrop come close.
P1140594.JPG

Latest posts