Rod licence money to fund yet more improvements to fisheries up and down the country

Editor

Fish&Fly
Staff member
Issued by the Angling Trust:

Yet more fisheries are set to benefit as the Angling Trust announces today (8th June) that an additional £50,000 is up for grabs later this summer as part of the hugely successful 'Fishery Improvement Fund'. The funding comes from the Environment Agency's rod licence sales.

More...

pikecatcher

WOW! FIFTY GRAND! So, how much does the Rod License raise? Actually, it's £23 MILLION. :mad:

wynne

Shame that they can't get the issuing of Licences sorted - that alone would probably save half of their outgoings in duplicate (or more) copies being issued.
Any fat cats involved with high salaries on the £23 million gravy boat ?

swiss

And the rest goes to............???

Why do we still give them money?!:mad:

black knight

The last time I spoke to EA bailiffs their number were drastically being reduced so the bailiffing force was too thin to adequately cover poaching on rivers let alone stillwaters. On my fishery we loose some 300 fish per year to poachers which equates to over £1000. It would certainly help if their numbers were increased in line with the frequency that poachers strike in these hard times.

pikecatcher

But why should anglers pay to Police (ie via Bailliffs) a criminal activity?

sewinbasher

Shame that they can't get the issuing of Licences sorted - that alone would probably save half of their outgoings in duplicate (or more) copies being issued.
Any fat cats involved with high salaries on the £23 million gravy boat ?

I understand that the contract with the Post Office is shortly to end and that new arrangements will come into force that may or may not include the option to buy licences in a local Post Office and I am told that the EA are not interested in taking it in house. There may well be a new software system to bed in and troubleshoot. :eek:mg:

By the way, in Wales the "gravy boat" is a mere £1.3m.

Latest posts