Rod rings.

3lbgrayling

On Thursday when packing up I thought I noticed a glint in an eye when taking rod down..Took a jewelers eyeglass with me tonight .All intermediate rings were grooved some worse than others,but all bar stripping rings and strangely tip ring were grooved..This is a 10' 5# for fishing dries/small flies. had a lot of fish on it over a couple of years. but just shows you need to keep an ''eye'' on your rings.

Jim

ohanzee

A good trick is running a pin around the ring, you can feel any roughness or grooving that you might not spot with the naked eye.

tingvollr

On Thursday when packing up I thought I noticed a glint in an eye when taking rod down..Took a jewelers eyeglass with me tonight .All intermediate rings were grooved some worse than others,but all bar stripping rings and strangely tip ring were grooved..This is a 10' 5# for fishing dries/small flies. had a lot of fish on it over a couple of years. but just shows you need to keep an ''eye'' on your rings.

Jim
Thanks for the heads up on this Jim. It is something to be mindful of as it will probably wear out your lines faster than normal and affect your casting. 👍

BobP

I've just checked over my Sage Z-Axis 10' #5 which I bought in 2011 as a retirement present so is now 9 years old and is the most used rod in the rack. Absolutely zilch. Rings as smooth as the day they were put on.

Latest posts