Rod Tube storage?

iainmortimer

I always hate the fact that such racks have a lot of dead space to them. Instead, I bought a couple of old cd racks for next to nothing took out most of the shelves to leave two sections, and hey presto I have a compact means of storing lots of rods. The only addition was a couple of bits of dowling either side which are about 0.5" long which hold a flexible piece of plastic pipe to keep everything in place. Total cost about £20!

Recently, I adapted it for long two piece rods by taking out the middle shelf but the principle still applies.

These could even be mounted horizontally on a garage wall if wanted depending on what space was available.

Last edited:

roger h 10

no good for me where could I keep my wine !!!

Buy a bigger one!!

- - - Updated - - -

Like that idea Roger, nice collection visions too! Just missing a few cults. :whistle:

Sean

I'm keeping an eye out for a Cult if one comes along.:thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

I like Vision rods, in case you hadn't noticed!!:) Some of their reels are pretty good too.

noel

I like the wine rack idea especially since I had to go T total we have 1 in the cupboard which can be utilised for that.

iainmortimer

The CD rack option...

1DEBB221-68C4-476E-A28F-A74931621F4E.jpeg

iainmortimer

Depending on tube size I can get 10 to a rack with the middle shelf in to make it 2 storey. Being winter it’s now got barbel rods in it so less space!