Rod Tube

devondabbler

Hi, I'm after a decent long rod tube for one of my cane rods - It's an 8'0" 2 piece with spare tip. I need something around 129cm long. So far I'm drawing a blank with finding one. Anyone know where I can try?

Cheers,

Paul

petevicar

Hi, I'm after a decent long rod tube for one of my cane rods - It's an 8'0" 2 piece with spare tip. I need something around 129cm long. So far I'm drawing a blank with finding one. Anyone know where I can try?

Cheers,

Paul
I used to make my own from plastic drain pipe for travel purposes. They were much lighter than the aluminium tubes.

Cap'n Fishy

I used to make my own from plastic drain pipe for travel purposes. They were much lighter than the aluminium tubes.

For sure - I have used various of those over the years - good for posting rods in eBay sales as well.

There is the likes of these...

Plastic rod tubes...

I thought perhaps a cane rod was deserving of something a little more upmarket? 😜

Col

Sash

Plenty of Hardy ones on EBay. But make sure you get one that is significantly over-size: I would suggest 135cm or more, because of the size of the lid, and internal padding.

anzac

Alternatively, go to a good office supply shop and ask for a plastic architectural plans carry tube. I have one that I have used for years that has screw on caps at each end with a sling attached that is locking adjustable for length. It is easily long enough to hold A0 drawings with room to spare.

jaybeegee

Builders Merchants.
Really? I’ve worked for a builder’s merchant for almost twenty years and I’m not aware of a rainwater system manufacturer who makes blank end caps for plastic down pipe. Can you be a bit more specific?

Cap'n Fishy

Alternatively, go to a good office supply shop and ask for a plastic architectural plans carry tube. I have one that I have used for years that has screw on caps at each end with a sling attached that is locking adjustable for length. It is easily long enough to hold A0 drawings with room to spare.

That's what I have used for the past 30 years. Still got the same original one...

I can get 4 rods in it, and extend it or contract it, for 2, 3 or 4-piece rods.

Reason I didn't mention it originally is that I got the impressions the OP was looking for something a bit more befitting his cane rod. :unsure:

Col

devondabbler

Thanks Anzac, Like the idea of one of these if it can carry more than one rod - ideal for travelling.

Paul

devondabbler

Plenty of Hardy ones on EBay. But make sure you get one that is significantly over-size: I would suggest 135cm or more, because of the size of the lid, and internal padding.
Thanks Sash, I'll take a look.
Paul

rusty

I suggest you look at the Guides and Blanks website.
They will make a rod tube to the required length and they look smart enough for a treasured cane rod.
I hope this helps.
Rusty

Hardrar

Cheers,

Paul
I’ve just bought some translucent green ones off eBay, with end caps, cut to length and look nice, were fairly cheap

original cormorant

I’ve just bought some translucent green ones off eBay, with end caps, cut to length and look nice, were fairly cheap
I have a couple of rods without tubes and would like tubes for storage rather than travel. Who's the supplier for these please? In the past my searches of google and ebay haven't hit my target.

Vermontdrifter

Maxcatch does them at a decent place price otherwise a hardware store or art supply store will provide hard plastic tubing with caps that you can use.
I have a couple of rods without tubes and would like tubes for storage rather than travel. Who's the supplier for these please? In the past my searches of google and ebay haven't hit my target.

Hardrar

Hosetechuk is the seller, had a few off them and they come fast. They do different diameters with 4 foot being the shortest length.