Rod Tube

Lewis Chessman

My rod tubes from Tackle24.de arrived yesterday. The metal tube looks very smart and comes with the caps loose so that you can cut the tube to the required length if needs be then glue on.

The Tackle24 Cordura tubes are all I'd expect, perhaps more considering the cost. At around £20 depending on length you get a sturdy, black zipped rod tube with carrying strap and a label pocket sewn in.
A label pocket! What a great if simple addition. I've been thinking of sticking paper labels on some tubes so I know what's where (too many rods, too few brain cells) but this makes the process much easier and less bother if the contents ever change. There's no branding logo anywhere on the tube, which I prefer.
Postage from Germany was E12.50 and my (sizeable) order arrived in 5 days. They have a several size options in the Cordura range incl. a few different diameters.
Worth considering. I'll be buying more, I'm sure.

devondabbler

How about supporting retail in this country and trying this site - not sure whether the owner still frequents this forum but he has a good reputation for service.

They were the first company I tried but unfortunately they don't do tube in the 130cm length that I require. I did get a quick response from them which was good. I have used them in the past for other gear.

Paul

devondabbler

My rod tubes from Tackle24.de arrived yesterday. The metal tube looks very smart and comes with the caps loose so that you can cut the tube to the required length if needs be then glue on.

The Tackle24 Cordura tubes are all I'd expect, perhaps more considering the cost. At around £20 depending on length you get a sturdy, black zipped rod tube with carrying strap and a label pocket sewn in.
A label pocket! What a great if simple addition. I've been thinking of sticking paper labels on some tubes so I know what's where (too many rods, too few brain cells) but this makes the process much easier and less bother if the contents ever change. There's no branding logo anywhere on the tube, which I prefer.
Postage from Germany was E12.50 and my (sizeable) order arrived in 5 days. They have a several size options in the Cordura range incl. a few different diameters.
Worth considering. I'll be buying more, I'm sure.
Thanks for that I will take a look at their web site - they seem ideal.

Paul

devondabbler

Maxcatch does them at a decent place price otherwise a hardware store or art supply store will provide hard plastic tubing with caps that you can use.
I don't think Maxcatch do tubes in the length I require but thanks for the thought.

Paul

devondabbler

I suggest you look at the Guides and Blanks website.
They will make a rod tube to the required length and they look smart enough for a treasured cane rod.
I hope this helps.
Rusty
Thanks Rusty,

I did try them a while ago they do a nice green plastic tube with chrome effect end-caps but unfortunately the postage was £19 for just the single plastic tube so I decided against it. If it had been something special like a leather tube I would have bitten the bullet and paid the postage but for the plastic tube the postage worked out more expensive than the tube itself!!

Paul

devondabbler

I think I have some old Orvis 2 piece tubes, they'll be the black metal ones with brass caps a bit like this. Let me know if they are of interest to you 👍

View attachment 32987
I would like to thank Jason for contacting me via a PM and his generous offer for this Orvis rod tube - I'm really pleased and now have a decent tube to protect my cane rod.

Paul

Latest posts