Roslyn Glen

redangler123

I was on a walk by Roslyn Glen last weekend and I saw a small rise on the North Esk. It looked quite fishy. Has anyone ever done any good here, is it worth a chuck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoobyscott

It's stuffed full of trout, mostly small with the odd surprise every now and then. It can be pretty physical fishing though clambering up and down steep banks to fish a pool/run before having to climb back out and walk to the next accessible spot. If your on Facebook look up river fishing Scotland page and fly fishing for trout and grayling Scotland page. Both have guys posting about there trips on the esks. Small nymphs and dries do the biz, tight lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcb

Re: Roslin Glen

Lived close to this for a good few years and never really given it a thought. water quality has improved so much over the last 20 years that the river is slowly coming back to life.

Took a walk through the Country Park at the weekend and was amazed at the numbers of fish rising, mostly to some really small black flies that were floating on the surface. Spoke to one chap who was fly fishing and he said it had a few regular fishers who tried their luck. Small flies or nymphs and light lines seem to be the order of the day.

As I was heading off from the car park, I passed a group who were setting up, big rod for bait fishing, way too big for this water. Wonder if they had any luck :)

ant0

...Spoke to one chap who was fly fishing and he said it had a few regular fishers who tried their luck....

As I was heading off from the car park, I passed a group who were setting up, big rod for bait fishing, way too big for this water. Wonder if they had any luck :)
I think that was me you spoke to? Was just near the car park and I think I'd also see you watching me earlier?

Yeah I saw those guys (one car one taxi) and thought much the same - HUGE bait/spinning rods - they'd be snagging tees left right and centre. Plus I have a feeling any decent fish would not be returned as required :mad:

Last edited:

dcb

I think that was me you spoke to? Was just near the car park and I think I'd also see you watching me earlier?

Yeah I saw those guys (one car one taxi) and thought much the same - HUGE bait/spinning rods - they'd be snagging tees left right and centre. Plus I have a feeling any decent fish would not be returned as required :mad:
It was indeed :)

Going by the the way these guys were setting up, they looked very unlikely to endanger any fish, unless the lead knocked the fish out :)

steven342

Was down here last week, lots of fish activity, fished from Auchendinny to roslin.

Was thinking about trying Newbattle side this week.