Rudd fry pattern

kingf000

The owner of my local lake says the rudd have spawned 7 times this year and his lake is full of rudd fry. What is the best rudd fry pattern? I normally use sinfoil's fry, with just a black head as the eye doesn't seem to make any difference, or appetizer.

Wee Jimmy

The owner of my local lake says the rudd have spawned 7 times this year and his lake is full of rudd fry. What is the best rudd fry pattern? I normally use sinfoil's fry, with just a black head as the eye doesn't seem to make any difference, or appetizer.
Anything you would use for a roach fry more or less,match the size of the fry.

Spawned seven times in one year......nah.

BobP

Contact Felix Farm fishery. They use one there and have done for several years.

Rob Edmunds

Ruddy hell.....

I'd stick with modern general fry patterns with movement, they are far better than the old fashioned patterns like Jersey Herd, Sinfoils Fry, Polystickle etc....

So go with:-

White Hummungus's
White and Silver Minkie
White & Silver Snake.

If you really want to stick to old school patterns Appetizer or Jack Frost 🥴 would be my choice

Just match the size of fly to size of fry...

No way have Rudd spawned 7 times this year !!.......unless someone knows something I don't.

Generally fry hatch the 1st or 2nd week of June depending on water temperature and grown on from there.....that's always been the case on the Midlands reservoirs....

kingf000

Ruddy hell.....

I'd stick with modern general fry patterns with movement, they are far better than the old fashioned patterns like Jersey Herd, Sinfoils Fry, Polystickle etc....

So go with:-

White Hummungus's
White and Silver Minkie
White & Silver Snake.

If you really want to stick to old school patterns Appetizer or Jack Frost 🥴 would be my choice

Just match the size of fly to size of fry...

No way have Rudd spawned 7 times this year !!.......unless someone knows something I don't.

Generally fry hatch the 1st or 2nd week of June depending on water temperature and grown on from there.....that's always been the case on the Midlands reservoirs....
Many thanks. I'll tie some up. I did go there on Tuesday and caught 3 rainbows on an appetizer and one nice brown of ~3lb on a red size 10 buzzer the I'd put on as a dropper!