Rutland Water, Rutland

matt gregory

Image 2: from the SE corner of the damn looking roughly NE towards Sykes Lane

Image 3: Looking roughly NNE from the A606 at the Oakham end, looking across Burley flats towards Appletons and the Hambleton Peninsula

Red Diawl

Rutland!

Hi all my farher and a few friends are heading down at the weekend for a couple of days so would be greatful for any info for them?:)

Russ

alowen

Hi Russ, was out at Rutland yesterday and it was far from easy! Heavy rain did not help much but here's what's happening for what it's worth.
There are some good fish to be had at the bottom of the N arm on the buzzer, that is, 'tim appletons' and the 'transformer'. Also some good fish in 'Hideaway bay' down the south but that was coloured yesterday. Found a lot of fish from 'fantasy island' to the 'blue pipes' but could only catch these on dries - they seem to be eating the odd green buzzer offa the top. Fish in 'dissabled bay' and 'sailing club bay' again on the buzzer. Fish across the front of the dam, belgrano bay and whitwell frontage. Going back to Grafham Friday, seems to be more consistant at the moment!
Hope this is of help, tight lines.

Al Owen.

montanajoe

Hi

I was out on Saturday and had a good day in the blistering heat.

The fish were well up in the water and close into the shore. Loads of fish from the church down to the blue pipes. I never went further down as there were bank fishers below there and I didn't need to to.
Brown nymphs and later an orange blob did the trick with dries when it went calm.

Good luck.

Iain

Charliea1234

PM Chickenfish - he won the Rutland boat league match last night.

Finished in an hour and his bag was over 20lbs:eek:

Charlie

Red Diawl

I've heard today of a very big brown coming out of the north arm any details??

matt26

I plan on fishing Rutland later in the year on one of the three day pass's. First of all is it worth me driving down from Lancashire for it or are some of the other Anglian water's better? Secondly any tip's would be gladly appreciated.

andy cooper

All the Anglian Water reservoirs can be brilliant. Rutland is so big it can be daunting but it is no push over. My advice would be to keep mobile and do not fall into the trap of fishing in one spot for hours on end.
Depending on what time of year you come will decide how and where you should fish. The staff are very keen to help and their advice can put you straight on fish.

matt26

All the Anglian Water reservoirs can be brilliant. Rutland is so big it can be daunting but it is no push over. My advice would be to keep mobile and do not fall into the trap of fishing in one spot for hours on end.
Depending on what time of year you come will decide how and where you should fish. The staff are very keen to help and their advice can put you straight on fish.

What would you recomend?

Whitegoatie

I plan on fishing Rutland later in the year on one of the three day pass's. First of all is it worth me driving down from Lancashire for it or are some of the other Anglian water's better? Secondly any tip's would be gladly appreciated.

Try Rutland, if you find it not to your liking, Grafham is only 45 minutes down the A1, ravensthorpe and Pitsford also reasonably close by.

Whitegoatie

I live 10 mins from Rutland, so most of my fishing is done there.

The package AW offer is good because you can decide nearer the time where to fish. It's too early obviously to say wether Rutland will be fishing it's head off when you choose to visit. But if you have accommodation booked in Stamford or Oakham, for instance, you can almost decide on the morning where to fish.

There is always info on here about how the AW waters are fishing, or just post the question nearer the time.

When are you thinking of coming down?

Latest posts