RWC 2019 Thread

lukewarm

It's a real changing of the guard, assuming Howley's not coming back.
The four current coaches were leaving (inc. Howley although sooner than he thought) and four new have been appointed .
Head coach - Wayne Pivac (for Gatland)
Attack - Steven Jones (for Howley)
Forwards - Jonathan Humphreys (for McBride)
Defence - Byron Hayward - although nothing officially announced (for Edwards)

It's going to be a very interesting 18 months .

What's going to happen with Jonesy and the red rose I wonder :rolleyes:

Last edited:

boisker

Replace Eddie with Rassie, maybe he can teach you something out there:fish:

Nah... we had enough criticism in 2003 about boring rugby:D:D

We got out muscled and played on the day, but I’m happy with the direction the England team are taking... another day, possibly another result:D

bokbok59

England did well, you should be proud of them, don't criticize too much, bounce of the ball was against them.
You chaps out there talk a lot about Rugby, but does any of you know anything about fishing.:p

BobP

I suspect we've got more and better fishing that you have in the Kalahari Desert!

blithfield2

England did well, you should be proud of them, don't criticize too much, bounce of the ball was against them.
You chaps out there talk a lot about Rugby, but does any of you know anything about fishing.:p

BB59,

We have xspurts on absolutely everything under the sun on this forum!

thetrouttickler

I suspect we've got more and better fishing that you have in the Kalahari Desert!

YouTube

You may wish to reconsider that!

No thanks. I'd rather play interesting rugby and lose finals than replicate their style of play.

On the contrary, the rugby played by the Boks on Saturday was a thing of sheer beauty. I have watched the game twice now. I'll probably watch it again later. As a Bok supporter, I can also promise you that I'd rather win finals than lose them, by a single point, playing the most boring rugby on the planet if need be... I rather suspect you would too ;)

bokbok59

I can not argue that point, you most probably have more fish, but fishing for yellows out here, something else!!!
We only had 65mm of rain for the whole rainy season last year, you get that in an hour every day, I will try and post some photos.

Cap'n Fishy

I like the look of those largemouth yellowfish. Look like they would pull your string a bit! Relatives of our barbel?

Col

BTW: Photo of the RWC for me was this...

_109427443_faf_getty1.jpg

I still get a chuckle from it. :D

delray

thetrouttickler I can also promise you that I'd rather win finals than lose them said:
Agreed. The book of RWC results won't report on the game, just the result, and as it happens, I think SA played more expansively than most sides would in a final. SA got it bang on right and Englands mental fragility which disappeared for a few weeks re-appeared at the wrong time.
Moving the ball behind their posts in the first 15 minutes!!!! We don't do that in training.......
Del.