Sage one 7100-4 10’ #7

Harveydent

I’m looking at purchasing this rod second hand. It’s a private sale and he wants £300 for it. I’ve tried to value it online but can’t seem to find this particular model. I have sen it brand new for £695. What are your thoughts? Just want to make sure I get a good deal out of it.

goldenolive

I would say if the rod has been well minded then It would be a good buy at 300.
I have had three of the 10ft 6wt sage ones and they were very good, I cast the 7wt and it was very powerful and more suited to 8wt lines.

Harveydent

Thanks. I’ve kind of noticed it’s not that popular but seems like it’s too good. I’m going to see it and check the condition but if it’s as good as he says I’ll take it.

Scotty Mitchell

Worth every penny if it’s in good condition.
Different beast but the 9’#5 is my absolute favourite rod. I paid £400 for a grass cast only mint condition with blank warranty 3 years ago.

goldenolive

Worth every penny if it’s in good condition.
Different beast but the 9’#5 is my absolute favourite rod. I paid £400 for a grass cast only mint condition with blank warranty 3 years ago.
The 9ft 5wt is an absolutely superb 5wt and is also one of my all time favourite rods, I desperately regret trading it in for a sage igniter.

Scotty Mitchell

The 9ft 5wt is an absolutely superb 5wt and is also one of my all time favourite rods, I desperately regret trading it in for a sage igniter.
I haven’t cast an Igniter, but I did consider buying one blind but for a good price, 9’#5, but I dithered and someone else bought it.
How does it compare to the One?