Sage TCR 9ft four piece AFTM 5

rrw35

I'm selling this rod, as i'm using another 5 weight now.

Its a Sage TCR 9ft for a 5 four piece, original factory build, with Sage tube and bag.

This is a serious casters rod, and not recommended for a beginner. It handles big flies and wind no problem, and fishes as well with a six line as it does with a 5 weight. I have cast 102ft with a 5 weight line on the rod, it is very powerful!!

The rod has a stiff butt section, but quite forgiving tip section when casting close in.

I have given this rod a matt finish, so it doesn't flash on sunny days. This was done by taping off the whippings and gently rubbing the rod with a mild abrasive. This effectively makes it look like a standard matt finished blank. I have contacted Marc Bale of Sage in relation to this, he stated if the abrasion has not penetrated the blank, the warranty is still valid.

The cork has been treated with U40 rod builders cork seal (the cork on this rod is some of the best i have seen) which prevents a build up of dirt and slime. The reel seat and spacer are in as new condition.

This rod retails at £594 Uk.

I'm selling it for £290 + £8 Special Delivery next day postage. I can do Paypal or cheque.

I can e mail more pics of the rod if required.

battenkill2570.jpg

battenkill2569.jpg

Kenny Birney

Yeah, i have to say if it had the original finish on it, i would have been tempted.

rrw35

:D :D :D

Its on Ebay, and seems to be going ok.;)

Its the "Wider Audience" thing...

Joey1

rrw35 said:
This is a serious casters rod, and not recommended for a beginner.

Then what are you doing with it? To much rod for ye? Try Tescos. ;) :D :D

J.

braveheart

Kenny Birney said:
Yeah, i have to say if it had the original finish on it, i would have been tempted.

The BLING factor.:p

I'm the same, shiny rods are a beacon,but I just can't bring myself to take the steel wool to them.

Burbery waders, waist coat,hat and gold chain zingers, just have to have a shiny rod :D

rrw35

Joey1 said:
Then what are you doing with it? To much rod for ye? Try Tescos. ;) :D :D

J.

I'm sticking with the Lidl beginners fly casting rod.:D :D :D

rrw35

Yep, you're right Stewart, i fish a six on it. Its a rocket.

Latest posts