Sage X 486-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tierradelfuego

Second up on the rod's for sale, a Sage X 8'6" #4

One of my smaller river nymphing rods that I have only used 4 times this year since purchasing new, but I have way too many others similar to warrant keeping such a stunning rod.

Blank warranty card included, if that floats your boat.

As new condition except very minor discolouration of the cork, probably more like 9.5/10 condition imho.

Best price is £450 posted RMSD in the UK, I'll cover Paypal fees.

Cheers,
Alex.

[url=https://postimg.cc/Y4WNvcM7][/URL]

[url=https://postimg.cc/vxQ52c98][/URL]

G

guest37226

What discolouration of the cork :eek::eek::eek:Superb if not downsizing myself that would be very tempting

tierradelfuego

Hi Steven,

I would have to go with Med Fast, not Fast as Sage try to sell it as, but I suppose all rods vary in length/line somewhat. My experience was that when I was fishing it dry fly in May, it almost felt as medium as a Circa does, but then nymphing it felt like a reasonably fast nymphing rod. Just perfectly in the middle and does it all without needing to punch out a line, as you have to with some similarly priced rods. But I suppose that's what you "should" expect from an £800, or whatever they are now, rod :thumbs:

Cheers,
A.

Last edited:

blithfield2

The story of my flippin' life!

Just taken delivery of one of these from Sportfish - pah!

tierradelfuego

Thanks for the comments all, shame you bought too soon for me sale, but sure you'll enjoy it.

I just wanted to add in case anyone is contemplating but holding off for a few days. I will be out of the country soon, very last day I can post is Tuesday, so if you want it then please let me know. I will take very close offers, but I'm not talking much off the price it's listed at, as it's definitely priced to sell already...

Status
Not open for further replies.