Salmon Rods for less than £120

patsolver

I need a rod but dont want to spend more than £120 will get used for 5 days (weather permitting) per year fishing on the middle tweed in May. I have a Vision Kona (Koma) reel and Ian Gordon Speyline and am a novice speycaster.

What would you recommend, I see on e bay there are some "Speycaster" Salmon rods for £60 anyone tried one ? Or does anyone have anything they might be wanting to sell.

graylinghunter

Brand new batson spey rod from states.
Google search
the angles habititat. or
stealhead56 on ebay.
Fantastic rod. can be purchased even cheaper as a kit:D

Clydebuilt

Go for the Shakespeare Oracle, well within budget & gets a very good write up from various quarters, see the John Norris website for some good deals and the various Salmon fishing forums for reviews etc.

CB

carter7447

Trout & Salmon magazine have a Wychwood rod Okuma reel and spey line for £100. this may be an option?

Mark

JeremyB

I have a 13' and 15' Shakespeare Oracle - the last one in both 3 and 4 piece versions (Identical performance), and I recently bought a 14' Flextec off Tacklediscounts on ebay.
I have not used it yet, but it is beautifully finished.
I took it out into my (quite large) garden to get the feel of it, but I had to stop, as I was putting the line over the boundary hedge, 40 yds away - with a roll cast!
I reckon that this one is a winner - certainly every bit as good as my Oracles, and in my opinion, better.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SpeyCaster-Salmon-Fly-Fishing-Rod-15ft-3-piece-10-11_W0QQitemZ330219164241QQihZ014QQcategoryZ23819QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Last edited:

RPS

Speymaster

A couple of weeks ago I tried a Bloke Speymaster 15ft, the guy had bought it off ebay for about £120. A very nice rod, way underpriced. If I didn't already have far too many fly rods, I would buy one.

These are not the same as the cheap Speycaster rods on ebay, never tried those.

Last edited: