Say hello to Buddy

PaulD

She's big. Some sort of Alsatian mastiff cross?
No, she's a Leonberger. Bred originally by the Mayor of Leonberg, Baden-Württemberg in Germany in the 1840s to represent the town. A cross between St Bernard, Newfoundland and Pyrenean Mountain Dog. They're bred for size, but Lulu was the smallest of the litter. Dad, Mufasa, weighs a delicate 85kg! They are affectionate and loving 'house dogs' and gentle as a lamb irrespective of size. Amazon delivery drivers are terrified of her but they're more likely to receive a severe licking than anything more physical. In the World Wars, the German army used them to pull ammunition carts and at the end of WW2 I think there were only 25 surviving.

4wings

No, she's a Leonberger. Bred originally by the Mayor of Leonberg, Baden-Württemberg in Germany in the 1840s to represent the town. A cross between St Bernard, Newfoundland and Pyrenean Mountain Dog. They're bred for size, but Lulu was the smallest of the litter. Dad, Mufasa, weighs a delicate 85kg! They are affectionate and loving 'house dogs' and gentle as a lamb irrespective of size. Amazon delivery drivers are terrified of her but they're more likely to receive a severe licking than anything more physical. In the World Wars, the German army used them to pull ammunition carts and at the end of WW2 I think there were only 25 surviving.
I met one of these at Dunster Castle, such a beautiful temprament and a Dutch Barge dog(?) the owner said don't come any closer it is a guard dog ..... ooer!

GEK79

I'm semi retired now and work from home. I have plenty of time to devote to him. I promised myself a dog a few years ago but events overtook me and I did not want one until I could commit to taking care of him. Now is the time :)
Enjoy make memories.. Stay safe..