Scientific Anglers stillwater PARABOLIC SINK line?

Wee Jimmy

Nothing new Bryan,all the old sinkers behaved that way I.e sinking belly first before someone came up with the idea of uniform sinking and density compensation.Airflo brought out the sweep range to replicate it.

bgooch

Right.

And I'm aware of the AirFlo Sweep (but haven't used it). And, FNF's new fly lines include similar lines they call "Arc" lines.

Other than as you said this is the way all sinkers used to behave before density compensation, this type of line is new to what's offered and used on this side of the Pond.

Is it a niche line for just occasional use, or does it have wider application? A supplement to, rather than a replacement for, having a range of standard density compensated lines of various sink rates?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Bryan

Wee Jimmy

In my opinion there is certainly a place for sweep/belly first lines.Its a totally different retrieve track to the uniform sink(obviously) ,quite often the fish respond well to a bit of curve and change in direction.

original cormorant

There are some critical differences from the airflo sweep lines in particular it only comes in the equivalent to the airflo di5 sweep. Airflo also has di3 and di7. Also only in #5 and #8 ( not much call for #5!) the airflo in #7,8 and 9.
Also my guess is the price is a bit steeper than airflo. Tho' I did hear that since the takeover Airflo lines were likely to be going upmarket - same product rio prices.

Who are FNF?

bgooch

This Scientific Anglers "Parabolic Sink" line is available in 5w, 6wt, 7wt and 8wt. But note also, these lines are "overweighted" by two line weights.

FNF is Kevin Porteus's company. Here's the link to his website showing his products, including his new line of "Tactical Advantage" fly lines.

Cheers,

Bryan

original cormorant

This Scientific Anglers "Parabolic Sink" line is available in 5w, 6wt, 7wt and 8wt. But note also, these lines are "overweighted" by two line weights.

FNF is Kevin Porteus's company. Here's the link to his website showing his products, including his new line of "Tactical Advantage" fly lines.

Cheers,

Bryan
Sorry, the sa website directed me to a retailer who only stocked those sizes.
So do Northern Sports make the FNF lines?

liphook

Why on earth do you overweight a line by 2 weights? Like the salmon line debacle it is designed to confuse! Utter madness. Grain and grams should now be shown by law in my opinion

bgooch

A two line upweight does seem a bit much.

Scientific Anglers is very upfront and transparent about it, as they include that point in their written description of the line.

Also, as you see below, they do publish the details on this line, as they do on all of their lines.

Cheers,
Bryan

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 5.46.01 AM.png

ddave07

I recently bought a Rio Sweep Line, the WF7 S2/S4/I version. I went out yesterday and fished a local trout fishery which hasn't been stocked this year, yet consistently fished. used it for the first time for 45 minutes and had 3 Rainbows and lost 2 as well. All the takes were on the downward 'sweep'

Latest posts