Scierra Pairs Final - CHANGE OF VENUE

Rob Edmunds

Well I've now spoken to Brenig and had it confirmed that the final is not going to be held there this year.

This is Phill's message confirming the final will take place on Sunday 4th October on Rutland. The decision to cancel the final at Brenig was apparently made by someone "high up" in Welsh Water and not a fishery decision or anything to do with Phill.

Can't say I'm impressed with Welsh Water I've already done 3 days practice and had another 4 days booked just before the final with all accomadation non refundable ;-(...what a waste of time , money and effort.....

My Annual Leave was already booked and now I need to take more time that I really need for family stuff aaaarrrggghhhh

IMG-20200904-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:

glas y dorlan

On 3rd August our esteemed Welsh assembly declared that up to a maximum of 30 people can meet outside on the caveat that they maintain social distancing. That rule still applies with little sign of it being relaxed, and so, as stated an orifice high up in Welsh water pulled the plug on the final at Brenig.

jack_russell

That is a b*gger especially with the final only weeks away - they should have pulled the plug some time ago if it was never likley to be a goer :(

Rob Edmunds

I Didn't realise it was the Welsh assembly that was ultimately responsible.....and if they are the rules in Wales then no problem..

However it would have been nice, to have been made aware, weeks ago that the final may have to be pulled if restrictions weren't relaxed...I wouldn't have practiced early and wasted 4 days and nearly £1,000 in boats, fishing and accommodation... ( there is me , my lad and mrs in the final and it starts to add up when you have to practice hard)

The only positive is that we had a really nice time good fishing and excellent weather...

But given the choice I would have fished Clywedog 🤣😁😁

glas y dorlan

It’s farcical to be honest when you consider things are different over the border. I’m not aware of any virus that recognises borders. Being owned by a large company has bitten the fishery in the bum by the looks of it.

sightbob

Unless things have changed, England was 30 people from 2 households
or 6 from multipal households can meet staying 1 meter + apart. How can Rutland hold
a Final where 100+ anglers are going to one meeting ???

Rob Edmunds

Like everyone I have no idea .....but whats the difference between 60 boats being let out tomorrow and then on match day..????....120 anglers will still be there....on both days.

I guess the only difference it one is organised, the other is not.....

As far as the rules go, there have been plenty of matches recently in England and no one seems to mind, provided sensible precautions are taken.

sightbob

Hope you get something back Rob for all you have laid out.
Even if accommodation gave you credit you could use
it would be something.John

Elwyman

Might be a blessing....Brenig isn't fishing well at the moment and it appears that they won't be stocking again this season.

The Barbless Crook.

Rob since you fished Brenig it has really gone dour. We (3) went up on Monday perfect conditions ended the day one fish each. 120 yrs of fishing expierience between us for 3 fish.The fish don't seem to be there and those that are very hook shy. The rise are very splashy as if they are checking if it's a real fly and then coming back. I dread to think of the results if the pairs final would have been the heat was bad enough.

T.B.C.