Scierra X Force Wading Boots, cleated sole with Tungsten studs

delray

Been looking around for some boots for a short while and came across these and having read the reviews by Andy Buckley (yep, i know he's sponsored by Scierra) and by Henry Gilbey. I took the plunge and bought them after a bit of faffing re the size....the advice is one size smaller than your shoe size which is unusual. I bought my shoe size and with stocking foot neoprene and thick socks, they're perfect. I used Angling Active and they were great both on price and service.
They seem to be well made, time will tell, and I wore them for the first time a few days ago and they were excellent both for walking, for clambering up and down steep banks and for grip in the river although they may be a bit noisy on the river bed due to the studs.
I'm delighted so far.
If I remember I'll put up a report at the end of the season re wear and tear.
Cheers all,
Del

Ib.fishing

Been looking around for some boots for a short while and came across these and having read the reviews by Andy Buckley (yep, i know he's sponsored by Scierra) and by Henry Gilbey. I took the plunge and bought them after a bit of faffing re the size....the advice is one size smaller than your shoe size which is unusual. I bought my shoe size and with stocking foot neoprene and thick socks, they're perfect. I used Angling Active and they were great both on price and service.
They seem to be well made, time will tell, and I wore them for the first time a few days ago and they were excellent both for walking, for clambering up and down steep banks and for grip in the river although they may be a bit noisy on the river bed due to the studs.
I'm delighted so far.
If I remember I'll put up a report at the end of the season re wear and tear.
Cheers all,
Del
Andy has parted ways with Scierra now, and recently had to buy some new wading boots.. he still bought the same Scierra ones 👍 they're great boots. I hope they serve you many seasons

taffy1

Most Scierra stuff is pretty much bomb-proof. I've had various wading boots from them, still got a pair here that I bought around 6 seasons ago, rubber soled something or other. Back then though, the sizing stuff was to say the least, questionable!

delray

Only 4 months on Taffy but the boots have been used regularly, taken a 2 day bashing on the Tees where I'm told most anglers prefer felt soled and look and feel pretty much as the day I received them, including the studs.
I've not owned too many wading boots, but these are the best by far.
Cheers, Del

taffy1

Thanks for your feedback Del. With Scierra's wading boots back in time, they produced in European sizes, (2 sizes to fit 1 foot size) I had to buy a size larger (which was actually 2 sizes larger) to compensate for normal foot size plus socks & neoprene stocking foot...they were still a little on the large size. Lasted bloody ages though.

Latest posts