Scottish Government Cat ratings 2019

3lbgrayling

Some shockers in there.But I would ask.how can they give proposals for 2019 when many rivers have not closed yet and will not have provided catch returns.??

Jim

williegunn

Some shockers in there.But I would ask.how can they give proposals for 2019 when many rivers have not closed yet and will not have provided catch returns.??

Jim

Jim, after all these years do you still believe they use anything resembling science? It has been obvious for years now the river names are written on pieces of paper, the drawn from a hat and dropped into the categorisation buckets. The Lochy for example has failed to catch over 100 fish in the last 2 years average 220ish and it stays as Cat 2.

To be fair I don't think this years catches are actually included, not that it affects what I have written above.

Salmon Conservation Regulations Appears to have more districts, the Kyle of Durness does not appear in the original link.

Last edited:

Fly Guy

CrystalBall.jpg

They use of one these :fish:

Last edited:

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line

Jim

Could it be the 2018 catch numbers are not used for 2019 ratings, but will be for 2020 ratings. Just as 2019 catch numbers will not be used for 2020 ratings, but will be for 2021.
Just saying, like!

regards
bert

Fly Guy

It would be good if they explained how they arrived at the figures. Not too much to ask. After all it's us anglers that are catching the salmon:fish2:

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
It would be good if they explained how they arrived at the figures. Not too much to ask. After all it's us anglers that are catching the salmon:fish2:

That information is available, to all anglers.

Conservation Status

Indeed, why dont you register your interest with the department, and they will keep you up to speed.

SalmonandRecreationalFisheries@gov.scot

Is also open for comments on current proposals.

regards
Bert

codyarrow

It would be interesting to see all that data in map form. NE seems to be healthier; I've been told the electro fishing this year confirmed the density of parr is pretty healthy in these rivers.

bobmiddlepoint

Well it's not all bad news, more rivers have had regulations relaxed than have had them tightened although that isn't much consolation if you are on one of the downgraded ones.
So maybe there has been a bit of listening to local fishery managers at last, not enough to be sure but hey ho what did we expect.

fruinfisher

I think they’ll be covered like the others, as in the Fyne district and will also be cat 3 . I imagine that the rivers Fyne and Shira aren’t mentioned because i don’t think they are fished any more due to the huge decrease in the runs of fish.

Latest posts