Scottish travel restrictions lifted

clag

Only if they stay outside!
Current restrictions mean two households of up to 6 people can meet together out side, but cannot stay in premises overnight.
All might change from Monday however.
Tune into the First ministers statement at 12.30 pm on national news, this monday, and you will get clarification on current and future proposals.
I doubt it. I am real time in this debate so have to move expectations and money now. I can’t plan on things being better than the official narrative.

Regards

CLaG

ohanzee

It's always going to be a bit iffy as lock down is easing but not quite there, in fishing terms I'd leave it a month anyway, it's still freezing.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
I doubt it. I am real time in this debate so have to move expectations and money now. I can’t plan on things being better than the official narrative.

Regards

CLaG
"real" time can wait till Monday.
Official narative will be Monday 12.45 pm.
Till then, no you cant have more than one household in accomodation.
Take your pick.

clag

"real" time can wait till Monday.
Official narative will be Monday 12.45 pm.
Till then, no you cant have more than one household in accomodation.
Take your pick.
Our position is sorted and correct to the best we can. We are geared up to one household per accommodation. Did you actually read my post?

Regards

CLaG

arawa

There was a steady flow of caravans and motor homes heading north on the A9 today.
We have had several ”wild camping” here on the Black Isle but what are they supposed to do when the sites are not open. Madness opening up travel but keeping the sites closed.

morayfisher

Trust Member
There was a steady flow of caravans and motor homes heading north on the A9 today.
We have had several ”wild camping” here on the Black Isle but what are they supposed to do when the sites are not open. Madness opening up travel but keeping the sites closed.
Some are arriving here but the rules seem clear to me at the moment. Travel within Scotland but you must overnight at home. Camping in a tent, campervan or whatever is not allowed.
I presume this is not being policed at all.

williegunn

The rules are quite straightforward you can travel out with your administrative area but have to return home. Anyone taking a caravan or motor home and planning staying overnight is breaking the law.

If I was in charge, stocks for the driver and crush the motor home or caravan.

ohanzee

As already said they are jumping regulations early, how do you prevent them?

bobmiddlepoint

As already said they are jumping regulations early, how do you prevent them?

Well there supposed to be wardens employed around the NC500 this year but I don’t know if they are in place yet or can do anything anyway.

What is needed is for everyone to take action when they see dirty campers and regulation breakers. At the minute most just post on Facebook and leave the action to the handful of bailiffs and gamekeepers. It needs every local who sees a dirty camper or potential dirty camper to go and speak to them and let them know they need to clean up their act.

ohanzee

Well there supposed to be wardens employed around the NC500 this year but I don’t know if they are in place yet or can do anything anyway.

What is needed is for everyone to take action when they see dirty campers and regulation breakers. At the minute most just post on Facebook and leave the action to the handful of bailiffs and gamekeepers. It needs every local who sees a dirty camper or potential dirty camper to go and speak to them and let them know they need to clean up their act.

There are millions of them, they could close the Kessock bridge to camper vans and caravans, they do it for high sided vehicles in bad weather, but that would only have Inverness swamped with camper vans.

Restless Native

Some are arriving here but the rules seem clear to me at the moment. Travel within Scotland but you must overnight at home. Camping in a tent, campervan or whatever is not allowed.
I presume this is not being policed at all.
The real issue is the that these regulations are brought in with no real thought to how they can realistically be Policed.
Andy.

ohanzee

The real issue is the that these regulations are brought in with no real thought to how they can realistically be Policed.
Andy.

These are UK wide regulations to prevent the spread of covid, there is currently no policy or law on policing the movement of tourism, as we open up it's unrealistic to rush through new laws to control tourists, if they become a problem there are covid laws and they can be charged but there are millions more tourists than police anywhere in the UK, and especially in a relatively crime free Highlands.

williegunn

These are UK wide regulations to prevent the spread of covid, there is currently no policy or law on policing the movement of tourism, as we open up it's unrealistic to rush through new laws to control tourists, if they become a problem there are covid laws and they can be charged but there are millions more tourists than police anywhere in the UK, and especially in a relatively crime free Highlands.
These are Scottish Wide regulations, the English regulations are here.

Staying away from home overnight​

You can stay overnight in a campsite, caravan, boat, second home, or other self-contained accommodation. This should only be with your household or support bubble. You must not stay overnight with anyone not in your household or support bubble, unless a legal exemption applies.

Self-contained holiday accommodation may reopen. This is accommodation in which facilities are restricted to exclusive use of a single household/support bubble. Such facilities include:

• kitchens
  • sleeping areas
  • bathrooms
  • indoor communal areas such as lounges, sitting areas and any lifts, staircases or internal corridors for entry and exit into the accommodation
Further guidance on hotels and other guest accommodation is available for self-contained holiday accommodation that is able to reopen.

A full list of reasons can be found in the guidance on closing certain businesses and venues in England.

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
Our position is sorted and correct to the best we can. We are geared up to one household per accommodation. Did you actually read my post?

Regards

CLaG
Yes I did, and you stated from mid May you could have two households per accomodation unit, well right now you cant, nor is mid May on the agenda, but might be come Monday's announcements, is point I was making.

ohanzee

These are Scottish Wide regulations, the English regulations are here.

The overall context here is covid, we have been in lock down for a year and coming out of it in steps, trying to find something to blame the Scottish government for is a bit pathetic.

williegunn

The overall context here is covid, we have been in lock down for a year and coming out of it in steps, trying to find something to blame the Scottish government for is a bit pathetic.
Who is trying to blame the Scottish Government for anything. The rules are quite specific and are different between England and Scotland.
This thread is clearly about Scotland, you claimed it was U.K. wide regulations, which I pointed out was wrong.

Latest posts