Scottish travel restrictions lifted

ohanzee

Whose trying to blame the Scottish Government for anything. The rules are quite specific and are different between England and Scotland.
This thread is clearly about Scotland, you claimed it was U.K. wide regulations, which I pointed out was wrong.

There are covid regulations in place across all of the UK, they differ, no one to blame, its just the way it is.

williegunn

There are covid regulations in place across all of the UK, they differ, no one to blame, its just the way it is.
Yes but the point is they are all different. What is illegal in Scotland, eg staying away from home in motor homes, is perfectly legal in England.

Do you argue with yourself in a darkened room?

ohanzee

Yes but the point is they are all different. What is illegal in Scotland, eg staying away from home in motor homes, is perfectly legal in England.

Do you argue with yourself in a darkened room?

It's actually illegal to wild camp in the United Kingdom (including Scotland) in a motorhome or campervan without explicit permission from the landowner.

williegunn

It's actually illegal to wild camp in the United Kingdom (including Scotland) in a motorhome or campervan without explicit permission from the landowner.
I think you’ll find that is not wild camping, but I cannot see what that has got to do with the present discussion.

ohanzee

Yes but you were wittering on about wild camping and U.K. travel restrictions. My two year old grandson came to see me today, the first time in six months, he talked more sense than you do.

Look just because you can't blame SNP you don't need to go in a bad mood :p

len1

Was fishing in the Aberfeldy area yesterday. A9 empty as I drove north of Perth around seven. At lunch the ghillie came down for a chat and told us that every layby up Glen Lyon and near Ben Schihallion was solid with cars. Expected A9 to be manic as I drove home at back of six but apart from the 40 mph restrictions on the extensive road works the road was clear even at the notorious roundabouts at Perth. Incidentally dualing of road really progressing now.

Darien

Apparantly Forestry and Land Scotland is running a trial this year of allowing overnight stops for caravans and camper vans in sme of their car parks where overnight stays are not normally allowed.

morayfisher

Trust Member
Apparantly Forestry and Land Scotland is running a trial this year of allowing overnight stops for caravans and camper vans in sme of their car parks where overnight stays are not normally allowed.
That’s been running last year if not before.
Must have gone ok if their continuing it.

Paul_B

I wish more would delve into their pockets and use camp and caravan sites, rather than flycamping and dumping all their rubbish by the roadside. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile in Yorkshire
My daughters hubby has built a camper and they're staying in it at a site next to a pub this weekend, the pub brings drinks and meals to them, all ordered over the phone. 🍻 sounds good to me

ohanzee

Never saw the appeal of spending a holiday in a field full of caravans, I did it once, it was like living in a housing estate with wheels.

easker1

one or two flycampers here digging in to odd corners, i saw a dumped Barbecue yesterday just a start, why do these people do things that they probably wouldn't do in their own patch , but then I am probably being naive, easker1

Scotty Mitchell

Was fishing in the Aberfeldy area yesterday. A9 empty as I drove north of Perth around seven. At lunch the ghillie came down for a chat and told us that every layby up Glen Lyon and near Ben Schihallion was solid with cars. Expected A9 to be manic as I drove home at back of six but apart from the 40 mph restrictions on the extensive road works the road was clear even at the notorious roundabouts at Perth. Incidentally dualing of road really progressing now.
I drive from Fife to Glencoe and back yesterday to have lunch with friends. Left Fife at 0930 and all the way to Glencoe barely saw another motor. Heading home leaving Glencoe at 1700 was the exact same. It was the fastest I have ever made those journeys.
I was prepared for a lot worse.

3lbgrayling

I heard''Though can't confirm'' that they had to shut the east side of Loch Lomond rd yesterday because of the volume of traffic./bad parking.

Jim

ohanzee

one or two flycampers here digging in to odd corners, i saw a dumped Barbecue yesterday just a start, why do these people do things that they probably wouldn't do in their own patch , but then I am probably being naive, easker1

I reckon they do it in their own patch too.

I used to take a herd of kids armed with bin bags to Loch Lomand(it's the cheapest way to entertain kids productively;)) they get seriously into it for some reason, but the number of people, nice normal families, that leave the entire remains of their day is an eye opener, some come and give you their litter thinking they are actually being helpful, they just don't get it.

One thing I notice from that is that most buy all the stuff, food and cr@p en route, all has packaging, if they prepared this in the house in tupperware they wouldn't have the litter, it's just lazyness.

Latest posts