Sea Fly Fishing in Falmouth

dave me

Hi hopefully I am going to Falmouth in Cornwall for a holiday I will be taking my sea fly gear can anyone give me advice on type of fish and places to fish appreciated cheers Dave

PaulD

Although I live in South Northamptonshire, Falmouth is my home town! In Falmouth you're going to be a touch limited, Castle and Gyllyngvase Beaches don't offer a great deal of opportunity and fly fishing from the rocks around Castle Point might be a bit 'hit and miss' depending upon wind conditions. Slightly further West there are beaches at Swanpool - where there might be a good opportunity for trying for mullet that run through a culvert from the beach to Swanpool, a freshwater lake behind.

Off the rocks there's the chance of Wrasse, Pollack, Garfish, possibly Mackerel and the occasional Bass but I'd suggest investigating fishing in the Helford river, Durgan and Helford Passage.

dave me

Although I live in South Northamptonshire, Falmouth is my home town! In Falmouth you're going to be a touch limited, Castle and Gyllyngvase Beaches don't offer a great deal of opportunity and fly fishing from the rocks around Castle Point might be a bit 'hit and miss' depending upon wind conditions. Slightly further West there are beaches at Swanpool - where there might be a good opportunity for trying for mullet that run through a culvert from the beach to Swanpool, a freshwater lake behind.

Off the rocks there's the chance of Wrasse, Pollack, Garfish, possibly Mackerel and the occasional Bass but I'd suggest investigating fishing in the Helford river, Durgan and Helford Passage.
Cheers Paul appreciate

dave me

Just back from Falmouth I fished off the rocks at Castle Rocks at high water I blanked but had a great day, Mackerel being caught off the jetty in the centre of Falmouth with Feathers cheers

PaulD

The Prince of Wales Pier and Customs House Quay were always popular. I hope you enjoyed Falmouth, I don't think I'll get 'home' this year . . . envious! (y)