Seaguar Fluorocarbon

kingf000

I don't use this, but the Seagar Grand Max, which is much stronger with a finer diameter. 0.16mm of grand max is rated at 6lb whereas the 0.185mm red label is 6lb.

original cormorant

I'm not sure all the replies have necessarily grasped the question. We are all familiar with Grand Max, Soft Plus and Ace Hard, but the question is about Pink Label which is a relatively new product at least in the UK.
The pink version is apparently popular with Florida tarpon guides, and from my experience doesn't seem to deter them.

My understanding a couple of years ago was that Seaguar/Kureha are rebranding all of their range, but it doesn't seem to have happened in the UK yet.

3lbgrayling

I'm not sure all the replies have necessarily grasped the question. We are all familiar with Grand Max, Soft Plus and Ace Hard, but the question is about Pink Label which is a relatively new product at least in the UK.
The pink version is apparently popular with Florida tarpon guides, and from my experience doesn't seem to deter them.

My understanding a couple of years ago was that Seaguar/Kureha are rebranding all of their range, but it doesn't seem to have happened in the UK yet.

Red label.

Jim

campsiefisher

Seaguar Red Label Is not _that_ new, I've been using it for almost 10 years. I also use Seaguar InvizX

There's not much between them InvizX is supposed to be softer with higher abrasion resistance.

Best regards
Jim

campsiefisher

Gary most of it will come from the USA, my daughter usually makes some trips to Florida and picks it up for me.

If i need to buy it, i use departure outdoors on ebay, takes about a week to arrive, the more you order the cheaper the postage.

Failing that amazon

There are some uk stockists but they charge more (or at least more than i'm prepared to pay)

Best regards
Jim

G

GEK79

Gary most of it will come from the USA, my daughter usually makes some trips to Florida and picks it up for me.

If i need to buy it, i use departure outdoors on ebay, takes about a week to arrive, the more you order the cheaper the postage.

Failing that amazon

There are some uk stockists but they charge more (or at least more than i'm prepared to pay)

Best regards
Jim
Thanks lad.. I've just picked up some chameleon and ultra green but this stiff is highly rated. Will look now thanks mate..
Gary

aenoon

Linlithgow, Scotland and anywhere i can wet a line
As Jim, (campsiefisher) has said before, Seagur, grand max and riverge, are all made by same company, Kureha, who started making same in mid 70's.
So is seagur the same gear, and grand max, and riverge the upmarket equivelant?
Going by the blurb, is hard to see any difference, apart from the price point!
Bert

original cormorant

Kureha make a range of different flourocarbon leader materials. Seaguar have the rights to Kureha flourocarbon in the US and UK and probably other countries. Fordham and Wakefield are the main UK agents for Seaguar.
The same product may be marketed under a different name in different countries, but within the UK the products are distinct. Historically Grand Max Riverge is the base product in the UK, Grand Max Soft Plus is softer and thinner. Ace Hard is guess what harder. The pink and red are newish to the UK, so I dont know how they fit in.

It's nigh on impossible to compare the US products to the UK products.

chauchey

I've used the Seaguar InvisX for over a decade and have been very, very happy with it. I don't recall it ever failing on a large fish. I tried the Seaguar STS recently in both 8lb and 12lb, and it is a shadow of what InvisX is quality wise. I've had it fail numerous times just tying a knot. I would never recommend it.

InvisX though is the bees knees.

Latest posts