Secret Weapon (Falkus)- Tandem fly – by Fulling Mill Brand New

G

guest37226

I have for sale 10 Sea trout Flies.

Secret Weapon (Falkus)- Tandem Fly – by Fulling Mill . BRAND NEW never used

The Secret Weapon is a superb Sea Trout fishing fly designed by the legendary Hugh Falkus in 1962 after a frustrating nights fishing with lots of takes and only a couple landed. He tied this the next day and had much more success the following evening. When Sea Trout "go off” late at night try this fly on a slow intermediate line with a slow steady retrieve.

A great fly designed by one of the best Sea trout anglers ever.

A pack of 10 flies - Brand New Size 8

£25 posted palpal gift

Last edited:

fredaevans

1962?

Maybe 'there' but this type of fly for Salmon/Steelhead has been around for far longer than that. The trailing hook is called 'The Stinger' as with a short strike the fish may actually miss the top hook if the take is from the side.

With a 'Stinger' it doesn't make much difference which way fish takes the fly. Thought process (so I was told) was 'in the salt' both types of fish will usually whack a bait fish with his tail (stunned now) and zip around front and consume breakfast head first.

Upper hook is frequently pointed the wrong way; the second hook is the one that will set. For an over kill version of the use of stinger hooks Google the Steelhead fly called 'The Intruder.' The trailing hook is way back at the end of these huge flies.

G

guest37226

Thanks Fred

being only a very young guy in 1962 I as going with what the history of the fly said.
Still Hugh Falkus may not be the only guy to crib something off somebody else

Still a gorgeous sea trout fly though
Cheers
John

G

guest37226

One set sold and received by a happy buyer ONLY one set of 10 flies left.

Any takers as the sea trout season is upon us now. :thumbs:

Last edited:

fredaevans

Thanks Fred

being only a very young guy in 1962 I as going with what the history of the fly said.
Still Hugh Falkus may not be the only guy to crib something off somebody else

Still a gorgeous sea trout fly though
Cheers
John
Ah yes, Mr. Falkus ….. his book on 2hander casting set me down a very expensive road of fly rods. Have them now from a 2 wt to a 9. The '2' is a total blast fishing Montana River's.

My first ultra light was a total flyer as there (at the time) no such thing. Proto types built, test cast, etc., now a 'hot seller.' First run of rods actually had my name on them as a "Fred Evans Special."

fae