Securing Boot Studs.

jaybeegee

I’m losing wader boot studs faster than I’m losing my hair. Rubber soles with a dozen Snowbee tungsten studs in each boot fixed with Gorilla glue, but I’m shedding at least three or four every time I fish. May as well use cheaper steel studs, but I’d rather not be replacing them so often…if anyone can offer sound advice I’d be grateful.
B

Tangled

Use Supatracks. The have very wide corkscrew-like anchoring threads. Not simple screws. They don't wear out either.

Mrtrout

I’m losing wader boot studs faster than I’m losing my hair. Rubber soles with a dozen Snowbee tungsten studs in each boot fixed with Gorilla glue, but I’m shedding at least three or four every time I fish. May as well use cheaper steel studs, but I’d rather not be replacing them so often…if anyone can offer sound advice I’d be grateful.
B
You aren’t alone B, I fitted Snowbee studs in my boots recently and last check there were three left in each boot.
Ive ordered the Kold Kutter ones but to be honest I think they will vanish even quicker.
I had no problem with my Taimen boots I just think the compound on these is far too soft.?
S.

GraylingFin

Another vote for Supatracks here. I haven't lost one in over 2 seasons of fishing regularly and also they don't seem to wear much.
They've got a wider threaded base compared to others I've seen that seems to bite quite well into the sole.

scobo

Never had any luck with gorilla glue, not so 'super' imo.
I've fitted snowbee studs to my boots this year secured with epoxy and so far so good, all are still intact.

jaybeegee

You aren’t alone B, I fitted Snowbee studs in my boots recently and last check there were three left in each boot.
Ive ordered the Kold Kutter ones but to be honest I think they will vanish even quicker.
I had no problem with my Taimen boots I just think the compound on these is far too soft.?
S.
Let us know how you get on with the Kold Kutters please Steven, my boots are Taimen as well.
B

Mrtrout

Let us know how you get on with the Kold Kutters please Steven, my boots are Taimen as well.
B
My Taimens finally fell apart a few weeks ago after seven good years.
im now using a pair of Bison rubber soled boots, and the rubber seems very spongey in comparison.
I can’t see the Kutters holding any better but I’ll let you know.
S.

jaybeegee

Thanks for your suggestions all. I still have an almost full pack of tungsten studs, so I’ll try a different adhesive with those for now but failing that it’s either cheaper studs or Supatracks I think. 👍
B

jaybeegee

Fitted some of my remaining tungsten studs this afternoon, this time using two part epoxy ( thanks scobo ) instead of Gorilla Glue. I sat outside with studs, glue, boots etc. and then realised my glue was rapid setting, giving me all of four minutes to fix eight studs! 🙄 Phew.
B