sedgehogs 12

doobrysnatcher

trying to get used of these things any advice will be greatly accepted orange sedgehog 12
tail and wing natural deerhair body oranges/f dubbing(i had to use antron with a pinch of yellow to cool it down sub ) head orange from stans book reflections on a loch
orangesedgehog2g.jpgorangesedge1b.jpg

Last edited:

doobrysnatcher

any one else here tie these ,?as id be interested to see a few posted for comparission as ive never seen one in real life only books and ytube

doobrysnatcher

The flies look excellent...can you post a materials list?
Thanks, Chris
thanks chris i just posted the materials up
there basically deerhair with different seals/fur and a head hackle of hen ,tie in tail then a little sf then a slim bunch of dh then dub again and repeatalong the shank add head hackle you will find the above patterns in stan headleys book reflections on a loch

heres one i just came up with the invicta sedgehog 12 invictasedgehog 1.jpginvicta sedgehog 12.jpg

Last edited:

ackroyd

These look fine to me but if you would like to read Stan Headley's advice on tying sedgehogs it is available in his book "Reflections on the Loch", every chapter of which I consider an excellent read.

doobrysnatcher

These look fine to me but if you would like to read Stan Headley's advice on tying sedgehogs it is available in his book "Reflections on the Loch", every chapter of which I consider an excellent read.
these are some of the patterns in the book